Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

crafting levels

Will it be possible for mid-level characters to craft high level items even though they might not be high enough level to use them?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I believe crafting isn't tied to adventure level but you would need to gain separate crafting levels.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    I believe crafting isn't tied to adventure level but you would need to gain separate crafting levels.

That would be cool. Seems like the developers are making an awesome game that might actually feel like a real world. I just hope they factor in how good people can be at abusing mechanics.
  • To add to what Neurath said, there isn't going to be "jack-of-all-trades" characters like in other MMOs.

A mid-level character can gain a high crafting level ... but only in a maximum of two (2) crafting professions.
  • Razor001Razor001 Member
    edited January 2023
    To add to what Neurath said, there isn't going to be "jack-of-all-trades" characters like in other MMOs.

A mid-level character can gain a high crafting level ... but only in a maximum of two (2) crafting professions.

Very Nice. Sounds balanced too.

I would have thought Bard would be a bit of a jack-of-all-trades.

Edit: Oh, you mean in terms of crafting.
  • a mid-level character might be able to craft high-level items, but probably would not be able to use them. Also they would not be able to participate in the gathering of the materials, since they will most likely be in high level dungeon or raid type areas.

Here's my plan for now, considering we don't know enough about the game to make actual plans:
    - three characters, one for gathering, one for processing, one for crafting
    - gatherer and crafter will be adventure/ combat focused players who also do artisan stuff
    - processor will be like a bank alt, who will sit at the freehold where I will have a bunch of processing buildings (and will rp a country/ farmer type fellow).

This is an idea tho, also leveling more than one character will take a very long time, so that is something else to be considered as well.