Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

IS it possible to know who are gold sellers and be able to take action against them?

Question same as title, I've had some discussion and some people feel it's not possible to find out who are gold seller or people that grind on other accounts for farm for real world money.

Wondering how viable to stop it or are there effective methods to catch people doing this type of thing? I'm definitely against it but it feels hard to catch people when you can trade between each other for any reason.

Happy to hear methods that might be used already or ideas.

Comments

• Options
    I'd assume tracking huge money swings on characters and then checking logs for where that money wentame from would be the best way. And depending on how the logs work in Ashes, it might be as easy as seeing the links between different chars directly, or as hard as trying to track every single piece of gold.

Outside of that (and obviously banning anyone in chat yelling about selling gold), I'm not sure if there's other good ways of knowing for sure if someone's a gold seller.
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    there are tools to figure this out - however that info shouldnt be shared. I could think of several ways and even though I dont work for AoC - I dont want to share that info either.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    novercalis wrote: »
    there are tools to figure this out - however that info shouldnt be shared. I could think of several ways and even though I dont work for AoC - I dont want to share that info either.

I wouldn't underestimate them on not knowing the secrets out there. We can all say dent say anything and act like they don't already know things.

Then how about this question what ways do the currently use to bypass things to be able to make their money and sell gold.
  • Options
    I've seen in the news years ago that a guy in Australia infiltrated a corporation in Eve Online, stole their things and got 10-20k real money which he used to renovate his house. He said he had no regrets and would do that again.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    I've seen in the news years ago that a guy in Australia infiltrated a corporation in Eve Online, stole their things and got 10-20k real money which he used to renovate his house. He said he had no regrets and would do that again.
    So, the corporation can sell their own stuff to make 20k, which will pay the hitman to go round and pay a visit.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Strevi wrote: »
    So, the corporation can sell their own stuff to make 20k, which will pay the hitman to go round and pay a visit.

Bounty Hunter's have to live too :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!