Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Grab a ☕ and hear me out

edited January 2023 in General Discussion
Dear Intrepid,

Huge admiration for the efforts going into this unique world!

5 points i want to share or perhaps you and your team already came up with this

in previous games/mmos characters and npc's have the urge to repeatedly say the same sentences over and over again😔😈every time you visit a store or your character does an attack
when cruising through the world in some games there are enemies like every 20m and i just want to enjoy the ride without being attacked from left right center, imagine me recovering from a big fight so some cooldown time with me and my mount would be appreciated while still on the move to our next destination
in like wow the mounts do the same movements while stationairy over and over again and it looks unnatural over time, like a mount that randomly sneezes because we are entering a colder environment or a mount thats like a bit stubborn and thus making them have plus and cons like us humans displays the mounts like no one has ever seen
quests that are like running from a to b are a part of mmos but the creativity of how you go from a to b are what grabs the folks attention, a good story is all we want
legendary items like really rare stuff that when you see someone with a cloak that has a extreme high lvl or requirements to it are for me one of the coolest things that a game can have, certain mounts weapons etc gives the game that extra sauce on the burger

these ideas are just in my imagination and aoc has everything to change that perception

Mucho love,🌹 EastCoast🌹

Comments

• Options
    Just to put some thoughts into quests number 4 statement...

I would strongly disagree with your statement because from critic of pure reason going from A to B in repeatable manner killing x number of foes or looting x number of things is unreasonable because I critic it from pure reason.

What I would like to see, is a story similar to gacha games, they are interesting because tasks do not feel repetitive, but rather it feels like you are watching a movie (at least in this Tower of Fantasy gacha MMO), It was short, but it was interesting to me.

Over time, I grew so much on level of getting another kind of reason, in my youth WoW quests were fun for me, because I was focused on exploring, but over time as I said, I developed another kind of thinking (mostly because I tried new MMOs and I saw some new stuff from design point)

What I want to see in story is a immersive lore and talk from characters, without many quests such as tasks that are done in WoW or older MMOs that require you to do x number of stuff, but I would rather have a quests designed in a way to surprise you with every other story line and plot, the same way Tower of Fantasy does it, for me that is a good design, if it has lots of plots and surprises, it feels like I am watching a movie.

I do not know if they are going for this modern type of developing quests and lore or will they go WoW route which as I said is utterly boring if you look it from another kind of perspective.
  • Options
    I agree