Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

European Parliament votes to take action against loot boxes, gold farming and more

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/european-parliament-votes-to-take-action-against-loot-boxes-gaming-addiction-gold-farming-and-more

A lot of it isn't super relevant for Ashes, unless Steven's evil twin takes over the company, but a couple of the points might be relevant:
  • To assess the use of gold farming in connection with financial crimes and human rights abuses and to present appropriate initiatives if necessary
  • To put an end to illegal practices allowing anyone to exchange, sell or bet on in-game and third-party sites (for skin betting)

It's still very vague and early days stuff, but the result might be a better legal framework to go after gold and item sellers. Well, within the EU anyway.

I think its great they are looking at all the other listed stuff too. Implementation is everything of course, and much can go wrong, but I am happy it's up for debate at least. If all it accomplishes is eliminating loot boxes from cash shops in games in general, I will consider it a success.