Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Cosmological Chart

SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Should we get a cosmological chart, what do you think will be on it?

I've been reading this, https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions and have been wondering how the cosmological chart will look and be shaped, if its even in that style.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023
    Well, purely for rp I was going to choose a constalation for my toon to be born under. I would love the function in character creator but I can live in pure fiction too. I'm already attached to Resna through Vaelune.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Well, purely for rp I was going to choose a constalation for my toon to be born under. I would love the function in character creator but I can live in pure fiction too. I'm already attached to Resna through Vaelune.

Aren't we all going to have born on Sanctus?

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023

I won't speak of lowly races who missed the boat to Sanctus.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options

Are we saying sanctus has different star signs and different gods?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Are we saying sanctus has different star signs and different gods?

Given that Sanctus is a created planet, in a non-magical realm - I'm assuming the stars are different.
  • Options
    But Verra is a created planet by the Goddess of Creation I thought...who built Sanctus if not the Goddess of Creation?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I guess it's possible...

Question is whether the stars exist on both planes, and whether or not Sanctus is even in the same galaxy as Verra.

EDIT: or Sanctus was created with a simulated night sky based on Verra - I could see that happening too.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would like it much better if this was 'left to players' to some extent (though we now know that it won't be, and I can see a good reasoning for why).

We come from Sanctus, we have Vek and other interested parties, and if the sky wasn't the same, then players would be able to 'map the sky' themselves, to some extent 'define the constellations' themselves (yes, I see why this doesn't work well) and get into less curated shared content.

When the game provides it, it's nice, but it also doesn't trigger the same concept of discovery or 'shift in interest', for me personally.

The FFXI one is relatively simplistic, but I feel that might also be a good direction for Ashes to go, to define the big obvious 'historical' constellations that we'd have 'kept in the consciousness' since the Fall, and then players have a lot of extra stuff they can do with the 'smaller ones', especially depending on the explanation for 'constellation visibility'.

(I personally think it's pretty easy to make constellations 'visible or not visible' if you put them low enough in the northern/southern sky)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    I think there's also room to hide secrets by having "historical constellations kept in the consciousness" and then unexplained irregularities that don't quite match what's been passed down.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maouw wrote: »

I won't speak of lowly races who missed the boat to Sanctus.

Tulnar are the best race.