Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

$75 pre order pack

Can I play the game immidiately after I purchase the $75 pack, or I have to wait till beta2?

Comments

• Options
    Wait for beta2. Which, at best, would be ~2 years away.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Wait for beta2. Which, at best, would be ~2 years away.

What pack do I need to play the game now then?
  • Options
    1mmorta15 wrote: »
    No pack can provide that. You can buy the alpha2 pack and then sit and wait till Intrepid announces when alpha2 will start.

But please don't buy it. It won't be a game. It will be a testing stage where your character will constantly get wiped, where servers will have a ton of problems all the time and where devs will not only limit your ability to do stuff, but often ask you to do stuff that you might not want to do. I doubt they'd make us do those things, but it would be much better for the game if all the testers followed those directions.

If you want to PLAY the game - wait till beta2, or, even better, release.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As nikr said, there's currently no way to play the game. You'd have to purchase an alpha 2 pack to get into the next phase of testing. But it would be testing, not playing.

q9gvn6ygiwx0.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    There is no persistent server running for this game at this stage and there is nothing planned for the foreseeable future at least when looking at the publicly available statements. If will happen somewhere down the line, maybe in 2-3 years, but if you have come here expecting to play this anytime soon, keep your dollars, there is no such thing here yet.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    You can't currently play the game. The next TESTING phase is Alpha 2 which hasn't been announced yet. The sheer fact that you're asking about how you can play now tells me you aren't familiar enough with the game or the community to be participating in the testing phases anyway. Even if you buy the Alpha 2 pack ($250) you will be incredibly disappointed when you finally get access to "play" the game.

If by chance you want to get involved in the community & development, then I recommend spending some time watching youtube videos about the development, sticking around for some of the monthly dev livestreams, and creeping around here on the forums for a while before making any purchases.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ...but I get the impression that it is going to be a really amazing game when it does eventually release. That is why so many of us here on the boards are interested in it and willing to support it during the development by paying to join the various testing alphas and betas.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited January 2023
    tautau wrote: »
    ...but I get the impression that it is going to be a really amazing game when it does eventually release. That is why so many of us here on the boards are interested in it and willing to support it during the development by paying to join the various testing alphas and betas.

You’re right, @tautau, but that’s not the spirit of the OP.

Someone wants to play the finished product … now.
  • Options
    A couple of these threads just popped up, guessing an influencer video led some new ppl to Ashes.
  • Options
    ther $250 anf 375 one or what not give access to alpha 2 which is most likely be this year :p but dont know the time yet so i would either wait till we get a alpha 2 date or if there a realy nice cosmetic pack u realy like, but no rush atm. Alpha 2 will be persistant and go til lthe game is complete, beta 1-2 will be a couple weeks basicly to just stress test things and so on.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    1mmorta15 wrote: »
    No pack can provide that. You can buy the alpha2 pack and then sit and wait till Intrepid announces when alpha2 will start.

But please don't buy it. It won't be a game. It will be a testing stage where your character will constantly get wiped, where servers will have a ton of problems all the time and where devs will not only limit your ability to do stuff, but often ask you to do stuff that you might not want to do. I doubt they'd make us do those things, but it would be much better for the game if all the testers followed those directions.

If you want to PLAY the game - wait till beta2, or, even better, release.

Don't threaten me with a good time where my voice is heard and valued!