Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summoner+Summoner huh whut

So i havent seen much news about the summoner class. i seen that you can be summoner twice. how does that work. do i just get really big summons compared to single summoner. Inquiring minds like to know.

Comments

• Options
    As you said, there has been no info. Neither on the summoner, nor on how augments would work (let alone double investment ones).
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited January 2023
    From all we know - which is not very much - the secondary class you choose will determine what kinds of summons you get. My guess is something like this:

CAREFUL - YOU ARE ENTERING THE ZONE OF WILD SPECULATION!
    • + Bard = fairy tale themed summons
    • + Cleric = Necromancer... that one's clear hopefully
    • + Fighter = flying weapons or spirits of warriors (hotline to Valhalla)
    • + Mage = Elementals
    • + Ranger = "Beastmaster" says is all
    • + Rouge = Darkness themed summons
    • + Tank = Stationary & other defense oriented summons

Note that these are said to not make you unable to summon different role types. A Summoner + Mage, will still have a Tank type Summon, it simply won't be as potent as the Brood Wardens Tank type summon. That's what I interpret from the Wiki.

With the Summoner + Summoner I would guess (and all of the above also are just that: Guesses) we have to wait for the lore to explain the origin of their powers to really get a feeling for what their summons might be, but my guess is, that the Conjurer will have a constellation/star signs or ethereal theme. It wouldn't surprise me if a conjurer might be able to summon the beasts that are the "zodiac signs" of Verra (sorry for the phrasing I don't know how to describe it any better) and they probably have no initial specialization towards tank, damage or support summons.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Thanks for the info all. I think you may be right about the constellation signs. Anyways i cant wait to see more.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info all. I think you may be right about the constellation signs. Anyways i cant wait to see more.

I think the Summoner will be one of the last classes to be designed and revealed as it seems to be the class (including it's augments) that relies the heaviest on the rest of the world being "finished" or at least designed to the point where it can channel assets and mechanics into this classes design.

And the Bard will probably be the second last class to be revealed as their abilities are supposed to enhance the abilities of other classes. That's my guess, it just makes the most sense to me to approach it like that.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Summoner + Summoner = Summmmonner

Seriously though, the other replies are spot on.

We don’t know what it looks like yet.

Whatever Intrepid decides, you can be sure it will be balanced with the rest of the primary+secondary archetypes … not god mode like some single-player RPGs.
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited January 2023
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner
    Summoners can shift their roles easily to fill gaps in a group's composition based on the role of the summon they are utilizing coupled with their choice of secondary archetype, which influences the role the summons perform best at.[3][4]

This line - "which influences the role the summons perform best at" - makes me think all summoners will have access to choose the same skills, but they will receive bonuses based on the secondary archetype chosen.

So, for example, lets say one of the skills you can choose is "Summon Brute". Now if you choose a Tank secondary, perhaps this summons is a giant Stone Golem with lots of hitpoints and a slow attack. But if you choose Ranger this might summon a Bear with moderate hitpoints but also decent damage.

So while ALL summoners can summon a "tank creature" when needed, the Brood Warden (summoner/tank) will summon the BEST "tank creature".

With that said - I have no clue what Summoner/Summoner would be best at...perhaps they receive a slight bonus to ALL summons, rather than specializing in certain ones? Or perhaps they gain the ability to have an additional summon active simultaneously...sort of quantity over quality?
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Seems pretty simple to me. A Summoner/Summoner summons summons that also summon summons.

It's really how Steven ended up with 5000 bears in that one screen. They were bear Summoner/Summoners.
  • Options
    Spif wrote: »
    Seems pretty simple to me. A Summoner/Summoner summons summons that also summon summons.
    So it's summons all the way down? Nice
  • Options
    My guess is summoner+summoner will be able to summon even more summons than normal or at more efficiencies since summoner itself will be a versatile class. ✨
  • Options
    SjeldenSjelden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023

It's really how Steven ended up with 5000 bears in that one screen. They were bear Summoner/Summoners.

Lycanthropy confirmed. Werebear summoner is on the menu.
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    From all we know - which is not very much - the secondary class you choose will determine what kinds of summons you get. My guess is something like this:

CAREFUL - YOU ARE ENTERING THE ZONE OF WILD SPECULATION!
    • + Bard = fairy tale themed summons
    • + Cleric = Necromancer... that one's clear hopefully
    • + Fighter = flying weapons or spirits of warriors (hotline to Valhalla)
    • + Mage = Elementals
    • + Ranger = "Beastmaster" says is all
    • + Rouge = Darkness themed summons
    • + Tank = Stationary & other defense oriented summons

Note that these are said to not make you unable to summon different role types. A Summoner + Mage, will still have a Tank type Summon, it simply won't be as potent as the Brood Wardens Tank type summon. That's what I interpret from the Wiki.

With the Summoner + Summoner I would guess (and all of the above also are just that: Guesses) we have to wait for the lore to explain the origin of their powers to really get a feeling for what their summons might be, but my guess is, that the Conjurer will have a constellation/star signs or ethereal theme. It wouldn't surprise me if a conjurer might be able to summon the beasts that are the "zodiac signs" of Verra (sorry for the phrasing I don't know how to describe it any better) and they probably have no initial specialization towards tank, damage or support summons.

i totaly want necromancers to be able to make a trap where once triggered skeletons pull themselfs out of the ground laugh at the foul who triggered it before ripping them out of the ground completly charging the poor sap who triggered it :P
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    Don't want my enchanter to have fairy tale summons. I had hoped for no physical summons but other types of summons.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CadrorCadror Member
    On the skills window, will Summoners have access to all four Elementals at lvl 1?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I'm not sure you can have 4 elementals. You might get one elemental which can change elements. Max summons is 3 minor, 2 medium or 1 large summon I thought.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    [quot
    Cadror wrote: »
    On the skills window, will Summoners have access to all four Elementals at lvl 1?

I hope not just the 4 elements.
  • Options

Even if a summoner/summoner could summon a summons that could also summon a summons, would the summons summoned by the summoner/summoner's summons also be able to summon a summons? That would truly be something.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Saw a nice wiki drop in here. Be sure to check that out, OP! :wink:
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    mcnasty wrote: »

Even if a summoner/summoner could summon a summons that could also summon a summons, would the summons summoned by the summoner/summoner's summons also be able to summon a summons? That would truly be something.

confused-kid.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Do we think summoner/cleric with life augments will be an okay healer?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    mcnasty wrote: »

confused-kid.gif

if an Ork weird boy got a hold of summoning magic and pretended the summons were DAKKA.

I need to try and give visual life to this.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    No summoner at start of a2. Must be a great reveal to be fair. Summoner augments will be available in small ways though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    edited July 2023
    4nknzd7xpxkt.png

Summons summoning