Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Ashes of Recreation" - A football/soccer like recreational team-game played with in the AoC

I would like to propose a non-combat, recreational, player-skill-oriented, team or solo game that can be played in various sizes of arenas that can be built in freeholds (for small arenas) or developed nodes (for large arenas).
  • The game should be supported by a simple in-game mechanic that requires fast mouse button clicking for kicking/throwing and mouse targeting as well as player movement via keyboard.
  • The in-game mechanic should also keep track of time and score (goals).
  • Locational awareness, team-play, and collaboration should matter for the team play.
  • Player parties (up to 5) can participate as a team.
  • No goalies or special roles are needed, each player can contribute equally.
  • All players have the same set of skills once the game starts
  • Skill 1: Ability to interact with a ball for kicking or throwing
  • Skill 2: Ability to interact with other players for pushing or tackling
  • Player stats visible to all, contributing to player rankings.
  • Periodic local tournaments are held in advanced nodes with large arenas where highly ranked players and teams are invited to compete for special awards, renown, and recognition.
  • Other players can spectate these events held in any size arena and can bet in-game currency.

Such a game can build communities and immersion within Ashes of Creation. Some of our best memories are made out of these uniquely immersive experiences (in-game halls, taverns, or arenas) with a community rather than playing the actual game.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sounds like Huttball from SW:TOR. I played a lot of Huttball back in the day. Why groups of 5 though and not 8?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Sounds like Huttball from SW:TOR. I played a lot of Huttball back in the day. Why groups of 5 though and not 8?

I'm open to any size, really... Just assuming that a regular party size will be limited to 5 and why not use that as a number for convenience's sake?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah. The party sizes are 8 hence the update.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Let's get the game released first, please.
  • Options
    Yeah, any bigger-sized additions should definitely be a "later expansion" kind of thing.
  • Options
    No thanks, leave that for FIFA.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No.