Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Are we able to freeze our levels?

In EQ2 you were able to do this, say I don't want to out level my friends, but I still want to go kill things to farm for resources or what have you. Are we able to lock our levels?

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It would be good for a twink but I don't think it's planned.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Areia wrote: »
    In EQ2 you were able to do this, say I don't want to out level my friends, but I still want to go kill things to farm for resources or what have you. Are we able to lock our levels?

In a roundabout way yes, by killing yourself and earning some XP debt that needs to be worked off before you progress again.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nerror wrote: »
    Areia wrote: »

In a roundabout way yes, by killing yourself and earning some XP debt that needs to be worked off before you progress again.

It would be hilarious to see a guild of twinks lemming'ing themselves off a cliff every week just to make sure they don't level.
    wuxmdzlutthz.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Twinks won't suicide. The cost of the weaponry would not be offset.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited January 2023
    As @Neurath is alluding to, no low level twink PK characters in Ashes please.

Thank you for your cooperation.
  • Options
    You won't be able to stop the twinks. Twinks are in every pvp mmo.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Twinks won't suicide. The cost of the weaponry would not be offset.
    Just put it in storage and kill yourself naked a few times. EZ B)
  • Options
    Well, it might not be doable if I'm a red twink. With corruption you get xp debt anyway. I'm not convinced I will need to suicide due to the very nature of the pvp.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Well, it might not be doable if I'm a red twink. With corruption you get xp debt anyway. I'm not convinced I will need to suicide due to the very nature of the pvp.
    That's only if you need the twink for pvp, yeah. If Intrepid limit the ability of high lvl chars to get some low lvl resources - people will make lowbie twinks and try to keep them at that lvl. I definitely will do that.
  • Options
    Yeah. It's the l2 spirit. Some of the best pvp has been on twinks. The funniest notion would be if a high level comes to defend others and gets corruption for killing my low level twink lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    If they make it where it's viable to have low level gatherers to avoid getting killed by high level players I will probably mainly twink and just hunt those characters constantly. Sounds like a blast. No PVP loopholes for the care bears on my watch.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    We don't even know yet if there will inherently be any benefit to freezing your level....