Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Movement Feedback

In all the gameplay updates the character movement looked very 'Glidey' and off to me, I went and checked frame by frame and when standing still and then beginning to move the character remains in a still animation but gliding in the direction they are moving before any actual movement animations begin, I don't know if that's entirely why the movement looked off to me, but also I think the acceleration between being still and moving feels a little too sudden, or too quick.
7a6rwkf5rz54.png

Comments

• Options
    You're not wrong, and I hope and expect it to clean up over time.

If not, the game will never hear the end of it.
  • Options
    Intrepid is very much still in the alpha phase, some games have taught us Alpha is near release, but for Intrepid Alpha is very much an Alpha and nothing more. Pretty standard for the nuances of character movement to go unpolished until much closer to release when it makes sense to fine tune those animations.
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Intrepid is very much still in the alpha phase, some games have taught us Alpha is near release, but for Intrepid Alpha is very much an Alpha and nothing more. Pretty standard for the nuances of character movement to go unpolished until much closer to release when it makes sense to fine tune those animations.

Yeah that's fair, just with how great and somewhat polished other parts of the game are beginning to look even at an alpha stage it felt necessary to point out.
    7a6rwkf5rz54.png