Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Rogue class

One of my favorite classes in mmo's has to be the rogue class. Now don't get me wrong i like all classes, but the rogue class when adhering to d&d specifics that is the only way I personally view a true rogue. A rogue in D&D like in DDO game can perform numerous skills beyond stealth and assassination. They are adept at picking lock, disarming and setting traps, and in general adept at finding or locating secrets or hidden objects, npcs, or even secret areas or environ hidden alcove's, etc.

The rogue class is a dynamic class that excels at all things shadowy or secretive and my preference for them and the satisfaction of the class cannot be under-estimated.

My question for devs about AOC as an mmo is the following....

How does AOC compare to DDO in reference to rogue class utilization??

Does the rogue class in AOC offer comparable class skills and options that DDO currently offers??

Will locales be laden with deadly traps, hidden areas, loot chests that require "finesse" to open or is AOC more of an old school WOW, eso, guild wars, etc. MMO that places emphasis on stealth and assassination??

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Archetypes
    Rogue skills/abilities

All classes are capable adventurers, but rogues excel at delving the deepest dungeons and finding the most hidden of treasures.[96]

Rogues will have utility skills that enable them to discover hidden doors, traps and additional treasures.[97]
    These will be randomly spawned throughout different times of the day to ensure that encounters are not the same each time.[97]

If you're in a party and you have a Rogue that's available, they'll be able to use that utility skill to discover these random doors that might exist in a dungeon. Now the way we make it so that it's not essentially the same door every time and it's just a first time thing and every time thereafter you know where that door's at, is these locations are randomly spawned throughout different times of the day so they'll change essentially as you go into a dungeon at different times. So it'll be important and relevant for parties to make sure that they have a diversity of archetypes available to them. And in particular for the rogues case because they can find those hidden type doors and then have access to different types of loot tables based off of that.[97] – Steven Sharif

All the Archetypes are slated to have out of combat abilities like find traps and open secret passages type things.
    Like this from several years ago(pre-alpha showcase)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqtQ1eWxHPY

There are 4 videos showing the intent of what they are looking to do.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.