Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Elite Mobs for Alpha-2 and Beyond

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
There are some ways to show that a mob is elite. Each MMos has its own way. World of Warcraft has the “Elite” mention with the “? And skull icon” or not, The Elder Scrolls Online has a graphic under the name to show how elite it is, Ashes of Creation Alpha-1 has the “+1, +2” and so on. Personally, Ashes Alpha-1 was my favourite way to elite mobs. It’s opening the door to a few layers of stronger enemies. I knew that I could solo down a +1 but not a +6. I wish Alpha-2 has that system. It’s so far my favourite system. It’s let’s you measure if you can 1: solo it and 2: If not, how many players I need in the group? My only concern is a level 50 can solo a +6 where a level 30 couldn’t. Maybe I’m wrong.

Another system I could like for Alpha-2 and beyond would be a colour that indicates how strong it is. I explain: Let’s say I’m fighting a level 15 “elite.” He elite and still level 15. How can I know he is stronger? The level number indicator would be in a different colour. White would be a regular mob, orangish would mean he is elite, reddish would be dungeons/raids level boss. So, he kept a regular level indicator (15 here) with a colour that tells you how strong it is.

What would you like for Alpha-2 and beyond? Your favourite one?

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd rather have the numbers than different colours unless colour blind people can change the colours. I was quite attached to the general aspects of A1. I hope A2 has built on A1.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 2023
    Personally, I don't want to see it. let me just sense it and go OH SHIT.

EQ had no elites mobs. Then again, Every mob was basically elite.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    Let's not add more words to enemy title bar. A simple graphic change with the way the bar is looking is better. Maybe a gold stylized line around the bar to indicate that it's elite.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Options on options with even more options. Do it all and let us decide. I'd assume UI development takes less than programming or vfx/environmental design, so it should be doable w/o prolonging the game's development by too much.
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    if you give the option, people will have it on. always.

Same for DPS meter - everyone against it, and if they decide, you know what - we will give you the option to turn on dps meter if you want, for those who don't want it, dont touch it.

guess what, everyone and their mother will turn it on, even the haters.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    novercalis wrote: »
    if you give the option, people will have it on. always.

Same for DPS meter - everyone against it, and if they decide, you know what - we will give you the option to turn on dps meter if you want, for those who don't want it, dont touch it.

guess what, everyone and their mother will turn it on, even the haters.
    That's the point of an option after all. If Intrepid decide to cave in and give people an in-game dps meter - so be it.