Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighter Combat

edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Hey I have somewhat of a question-suggestion regarding the combat abilities of the fighter class
So far we have see I think two abilities from it. Those being the spin and the hammer. I think they look nice but when I think of the fighter class what abilities come to mind are more of actual combat animations rather than a spin or the energy of a hammer coming down.

So my question is, what kind of abilities should we expect on the fighter class? And my suggestion is that as the name implies the fighter should be a fight expert as in being able to swing super fast and efficiently, the spin is fine but it gives a doll feeling since for me it doesn’t show that It is a combat expert but instead a casual swing of a weapon for damage. I hope you guys can understand although I do realize it might be confusing. For example an ability could be something like a quick attack were depending of the weapon you are holding the animation will change: daggers attack fast short and precise, greatsword attacks with big swings range and more all over rather than just hitting one point, spear is fast precise and it has range so something like multiple front stabs, sword and shield a combination of fast swings from the sword and blunt hits with the shield, hammer or mace crushing hits not so fast not slow but big impact

As I am seeing the tank preview as I write this I realize that the spin is just to much of the same you see in every melee fighter on video games and the hammer falling ability seems fitting of the weapon master archetype but it would feel weird as a double sword user or as a spear user to have an ability that is technically the use of a hammer.

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Any physical combat ability can fit the fighter.

The hammer has to go to another class.
  • Options
    I feel like that hammer ability would fit the Highsword or Templar classes. so maybe the ability isn't in the basic fighter kit but unlocks once you choose the secondary archetype.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I feel like that hammer ability would fit the Highsword or Templar classes. so maybe the ability isn't in the basic fighter kit but unlocks once you choose the secondary archetype.

They havent worked out classes yet. It's still in A1. It is an archetype ability.
  • Options

They havent worked out classes yet. It's still in A1. It is an archetype ability.

Yeah but things are always changing, working ons tuff so as development continues they could always switch it up, This ability could be put somewhere else, it can be reworked, it can be removed.

Just saying i think it would suit the Highsword and Templar classes :smile:

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys I thought those where class abilities like already set 😅
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack

Your class/secondary archetype doesn't give you completely new skills. All of your skills come from your primary archetype.
    nI17Ea4.png