Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The tools are set

Gui10Gui10 Member
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Anyone who has thought of making a large scale computer-based project (game, software, other) (or even any other production project) has thought of the vast amount of time required to create every single little piece of the larger puzzle. Second to this thought comes the quesiton "how can I make it faster and better".. which any thinking person then answered to themselves: "I should makes tools which allow me to create and customize assets from existing and repeatable parts instead of starting every little new thing from scratch". In UE5, Intrepid has created such tools to allow for multiple users/teams to work on a project simultaneously, instead of passing the ball along back and forth for each little modification.

-Intrepid showed us the the building tool a few years ago for creating all things from houses to taverns, castles, procedural node evolution, and so on.

-They then showed us the character creator, which is also their internal tool for generating monsters and NPCs.

-In 2022, they showed us both the environment tool for creating unique landscapes AND they talked about the skill development tool, which hasnt been shown but was talked about during the warrior showcase. It would be cool to see a glimpse of it!

-The last tool that might (or might not) be in construction is the armor and weapons tool. When you think about it, everything else has been tooled. Environment and buildings: check. People: check. Spells: check. Armor and weapons? Maybe too complexe to build a tool for and not worth it, but idk!

Sooooo yeah. That being said, its like a produciton floor now. The machines have been installed, prototypes have been generated, we are ready for full on production! I feel we will see much more growth in 2023 than we have seen in previous years.

Pretty excited :)

edit: crafting/artisan tools? :)

Comments

• Options
    2022 was a good year for content so if 2023 is better we will certainly some impressive growth.
    I do agree creating those tools has probably taken significant portions of the overall time required so far. We will certainly see if they really have finished them this year based on content!
  • Options
    Seeing actual gameplay, then actual group combat (with combos no less), then seeing things like the UI and quest log and backpack...

Sure we're still a long way away from release,
    But I wouldn't be surprised see something playable this year.
    ob4olqinudwv.png

discord.gg/pFCdaWM - Building a community across multiple games,
    including Ashes of Creation! Looking for members of all kinds to really pour
    our all into the Alpha 2, Betas, and then launch.