Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2 announcement before or after removal of A2 key packs?

So, I'm holding off on buying a key pack because I have no idea what my gaming situation will be when A2 drops. However, if they announce A2 tomorrow, I'd buy the $250 pack to play and test.

Will we get a warning before the A2 keys are removed from the store, assuming they do get removed?

Basically I don't want to spend money on something that gets me nothing for...possibly...years.

Comments

• Options
    Also if there are enough players, will they open 100 servers?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Spif wrote: »
    Will we get a warning before the A2 keys are removed from the store, assuming they do get removed?
    Yes
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I suspect they wont remove A2 keys until the Betas are much closer.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Strevi wrote: »
    Also if there are enough players, will they open 100 servers?

Unlikely. Not even sure if there will be a server per region. Apocalypse was centred in USA for all.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    is it possible to let grandchildren inherit the alpha keys? Or do they have to buy the game themselves too?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Strevi wrote: »
    is it possible to let grandchildren inherit the alpha keys? Or do they have to buy the game themselves too?

Account sharing is against the TOS so they'd need their own 46n98zqsxpl1.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »
    Account sharing is against the TOS so they'd need their own
    But is it sharing if the og owner of the acc is gone? They're not "sharing" the acc because they literally can't.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NiKr wrote: »
    But is it sharing if the og owner of the acc is gone? They're not "sharing" the acc because they literally can't.

It'd be upto intrepids interpretation of sharing. Some games allow family to log in after death as a legacy feature

But other games treat it the same as account trading/selling and ban it or block access

asv5t2hy9xl7.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options

It'd be upto intrepids interpretation of sharing. Some games allow family to log in after death as a legacy feature

But other games treat it the same as account trading/selling and ban it or block access

asv5t2hy9xl7.gif

I see no issue unless they are trying to make it highly public, or company is digging into things to close accoutns when people die which i highly doubt.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm still fairly sure that the acc sharing bans won't be enforced in any meaningful way. It's just there to save Intrepid in case someone's acc gets broken into and they can't fix it for some reason. Just say "you shouldn't have accshared" and dismiss the acc owner.

Of course Intrepid could become insanely greedy and track all IP logins and immediately ban anyone whose acc has more than one IP login, but that would lose them way more money than some people just passing their character among their friends (who, in 99% of situations, already have their own acc).
  • Options
    I'm still fairly sure that the acc sharing won't be enforced in any meaningful way. It's just there to save Intrepid in case someone's acc gets broken into and they can't fix it for some reason. Just say "you shouldn't have accshared" and dismiss the acc owner.

Of course Intrepid could become insanely greedy and track all IP logins and immediately ban anyone whose acc has more than one IP login, but that would lose them way more money than some people just passing their character among their friends (who, in 99% of situations, already have their own acc).

Seriously doubt any IP Tracking. My desktop has seen 3 locations in 2 countries in last 5 months; add in laptops and VPN's ....... can't see it