Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Combat effects/animations

So this has been a topic brought up quite a bit. It appears to much is going on during a fight, with all the combat visual effect animations. It is stated that there will be some sort of slider to make it less flashy. My question is will we be able to arrange it so that only certain abilities show animations? Such as a finishing move, kill shot, etc. Or will every ability have an animation still, just scaled down in brightness and such? To me it loses it's lustr when every button you click is "bam look at this".

Comments

• Options
    The current VFX obviously weren't designed with 500+ player siege battles in mind. During the tank demo, it only took 4 players in relatively close proximity to completely cover the screen.

A slider would get annoying to constantly fiddle with, so I suspect most people that enjoy large-scale combat (which is one of the main selling points of this game) would just leave it at 0 permanently.

While that might technically solve the problem, I can't help but feel there must be a better solution. Like maybe just being a bit more conservative with the VFX.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NbwizzxQ_s

The plan so far to fix this issue seems to be, and this is a novel approach...
    What if the tank ALSO casts Holy Nova?!!!

To be fair I do think this will change, otherwise I could just save money and stare directly into a lightbulb for a few hours a day...