Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Purchase of alpha keys?

I have already purchased my alpha key.. is there a way one could purchase a key for a friend/family member as well? using their own account without that person creating an account? Or is there no way to really gift an A2 key to someone?

Comments

• Options
    Make an account with an email of theirs and buy the key on that account for them, gift it to them by giving them PW and username
  • Options
    They should have a gifting option but I'd rather them spend all time on making the actual game atm. Just gift them cash or paypal them the money as a friend/family and they can buy it that way. Make sure to give them your friend code when they sign up! :)
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Make an account with an email of theirs and buy the key on that account for them, gift it to them by giving them PW and username

You are giving bad advice that is against the game ToS and might get the person banned - you can NOT under any circumstances login to an account that is not your own, nor create an account to buy the pack for someone else and share the PW and username with them - that is a bannable offense.

the only way you can do this is by giving the other person the money so they can buy it themselves.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Just so you’re aware, @RazThemun, Alpha 2 is going to be some heavy lifting in terms of testing game systems.

It’s not for casual playing the game. Indeed, there will be some unpolished game systems and a lot of missing playable areas of Verra.

Think of it as something like being on Intrepid’s Quality Assurance Team.

Your relatives/friends should be aware of that before splurging on an A2 key.
  • Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited February 2023
    Just so you’re aware, @RazThemun, Alpha 2 is going to be some heavy lifting in terms of testing game systems.

It’s not for casual playing the game.

I'm probably going to be pretty casual in A2. I'll give some feedback here and there if it's something really important to me.
  • Options
    Alpha is meant to be a testing phase. I doubt Intrepid wants people gifting an alpha key to someone who isn't fully aware of what exactly they're getting themselves into.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png