Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Rainy morning

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Good morning everyone, I'm currently sitting here listening to the rain drinking my morning cup of coffee and pondering through ashes of creation old live streams, questions, etc and thought id make a post on some questions id like to know more about, and some things in game id like to see

one thing im very curious on as i am currently going back and playing the hardcore wow classic mode as im sure many of you are too is the rarity of loot drops, something you notice whilst playing classic wow is that no matter the graphics or the bugs the game is timeless, something that stands out to me more than any other game I've ever played is how good it feels to get a tiny item upgrade, whether it be some white or grey shoulder pads or a green sword dropping it just adds a sense of immersion to the world, it creates a feeling that blue/purple items are extremely rare and valuable, so im curious if ashes will go the same way, i really hope we are not getting blue/purple items as quest rewards at the start of the game, gear progression needs to feel meaningful again and not many mmos on the market today do this right

something i would like to see in the next live stream or an upcoming live stream, or even talked about would be to know what has not changed since alpha 1, what they have decided to keep in the game and what they have decided to take out due to feedback, i think if any of the quests are the same as the start of alpha 1, maybe do a stream of you re-playing these starting quests with the upgraded engine/combat/classes etc so we can see the progression and have something to visually compare it to

how far along and what is left to do with nodes and naval combat?, these are two things we would all love to see in the upcoming live streams or even just be spoken about, they are big components of the game that we have not heard much about over the last several months and would be incredible to get some news

what upgrades and updates have been made with the character creator, its been several months since we have seen this, will it be integrated into the ashes of creation website so we can play around with it?, i think the next live stream is about ui changes and updates so maybe they could touch on this as it could be considered vaguely in the same genre,

and lastly what is happening with spot testing? i know steven stated that spot testing would start in the next several months but this was several months ago, im also curious if this will be a random selection? will it be people that have purchased alpha1/2 keys?, maybe its already happening under NDA who knows but please touch on this

i hope you guys all have a fantastic day and if theres anything you would like to see in the next upcoming live streams please leave a comment below

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, I'm currently sitting here listening to the rain drinking my morning cup of coffee

The rain is drinking your cup of coffee...?! teeheehee :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Wholesome post 10/10. Much love ❤️
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, I'm currently sitting here listening to the rain drinking my morning cup of coffee

jajajaj would not be so terrible
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »

jajajaj would not be so terrible

The slurps and gurgles would be sloppy.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif