Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player created Quests.

I would like to see a system that could allow a player character to create a quest that other players could completed of ExP and/or Money. for example a player who is a black smith needs a rare item could place a fetch quest in his nodes board that other players could except and get of him. something of that nature or animal husbandry player could create quest to have someone get a rare animal for him. just a thought

Comments

• Options
    I like it.
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited February 2023
    There are mayoral quests available in Ashes of Creation, which are quests given by a player who serves as the mayor. You can find more information about them on this page: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quests#Mayoral_quests

I understand your point, though, you are suggesting that players should be able to give quests in general. The system you described sounds similar to EVE Online's contracts system, but unfortunately, I haven't heard of anything like that in Ashes of Creation.

In EVE's contract system, players can request anything from other players, including currency, quest items, multiple items in the same contract, and even hauling cargo from point A to pont B. No other game has anything quite like it, not even close.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    #SayNoToScopeCreep
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I would like to see a system that could allow a player character to create a quest that other players could completed of ExP and/or Money. for example a player who is a black smith needs a rare item could place a fetch quest in his nodes board that other players could except and get of him. something of that nature or animal husbandry player could create quest to have someone get a rare animal for him. just a thought

As nice as that sounds, I don't think allowing players to reward other players with exp is very wise. As for monetary and item rewards they can just trade the loot for the request item or if the task has been completed.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited February 2023
    Liniker wrote: »
    #SayNoToScopeCreep

Exactly.

Player-created quests are a great idea ... after the game is launched.
  • Options
    sounds like passing the buck lol
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This has been brought up before. It has been implemented before. Neverwinter Online had a system where people could design mini-dungeons, populate them with mobs and treasure and set the experience rewards. People immediately used them as a way to exploit gold and levelling. People would make a pit, fill it with mobs, make it so they could not reach the players. Players would come into the room. Kill the mobs from range, and run out the other side for max exp and gold rewards. If there is a way for it to be exploited, it will be. So no. No player given exp or gold rewards. That the mayors are going to be doing it is still WIP, and you can bet they will also take a nerf bat to it once the exploits that go against their planned design are exposed.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited February 2023
    I actually really like the idea of player-made dungeons/quests, something like what is shown in this game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYtr7a28jQ

I think this could add some really fun gameplay, such as being a means of challenging and recruiting guild members, strategically leading enemies into player-made dungeon traps, and serving as a means of protecting valuable node treasures, etc.

Even if it has been exploited in the past, there are ways to solve problems and iterate on a system without scapping the entire idea. Im sure they could find a way to fit an idea like this into the design and balance it around the other systems. Scope creep is a thing obviously, but I would definitely support fun ideas like this as a potential post-launch option.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Taverns have boards where you can post announcements. Your post might read something like this:

"ArdvarkBob needs some crafting materials. I will pay 1g each for 200 pine boards, 2g each for 75 leather, 50g each for banded steel blades and 300g for one hammerhead shark skull. PM me when you are ready, I pay on delivery. Thanks! ABob"

Thats a player driven quest, its already in the game.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau wrote: »
    Taverns have boards where you can post announcements. Your post might read something like this:

"ArdvarkBob needs some crafting materials. I will pay 1g each for 200 pine boards, 2g each for 75 leather, 50g each for banded steel blades and 300g for one hammerhead shark skull. PM me when you are ready, I pay on delivery. Thanks! ABob"

Thats a player driven quest, its already in the game.

So happy someone remembered the tavern board.

zno6yqy3ku8u.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Pretty sure this has been asked and answered by SS on a livestream somewhere.

I seem to recall the answer was a resounding Don't Think So. It's very exploitable and basically, a can of worms.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited February 2023

should be a notice board in freeholds and nodes where the owner or mayor can add quests and things.

could even add specific bountiess aswell aka kill x player for x gold

The problem is it could be exploited based on where the gold comes from atleast for mayor side of things if they use tax funds for example they can make easy quests for guildies or something to complete for reward to pull gold out of the taxes.
    However they could instead of make it gold reward it could be tax certificates which will get consumed instead of gold when u need to pay gold to a node either via AH fees, crafting or propery tax and what not which get bound to the character and cant be traded. this can also keeps it as a gold sink since ur not adding it back into the economy just recycling it to go back into tax funds (could also make quests take an extra 10% to post as a additional gold sink so 1100g quest would give 1000 gold worth of tax certs)

Freehold quests i think are fine since its effectivly a trade but its advertised Quest hand in 100copper ore at this node for 300g is basicly paying 3g per copper ore (can add a listing fee of 10% aswell) but can do it while offline or drive buisness to your freehold if ur operating a crafter there
  • Options
    OrbificatorOrbificator Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    Would be awesome. I would certainly be doing quests for people in my node just to help out the community.
    It's another time-sink and one that is perpetually created by players rather than ongoing development time.
    u4ud44oeff0w.gif