Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Respawn points.

RoxiRoxi Member
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
What is known about it now (Wiki):
"Non-corrupt players always respawn at the closest active respawn point (to their death).
Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points.
Events in progress may disable certain respawn points in proximity to those events, which might cause players to respawn further away."

My suggestion is that the "respawn points" happen "Altars of the Seven". For the player to be resurrected from the ashes by God at the last visited altar.
And corrupt players would respawn at the nearest "Altars of Others".
The introduction of "Altars of the Seven" and "Altars of Others" will add safer and more dangerous zones to the game.
5ls3nob7lngp.gif

Comments

• I think that would only add spawncamping and would also add way too much running to an already running-based game.

But I do agree that respawns should be well-thought-out and distance to any respawn point from any farming point (mob or environment) should be carefully balanced. Cause it'll influence PKing and any owpvp that might happen.
  • Having a choice like in Elden ring would be great. A choice between spawning at last visited grace (Altars of Seven) or Marika statue (nearest respawn available). Maybe even one to spawn at the closest node/town? Obviously any trade packs in the inventory are lost if you choose that option to avoid people abusing it.