Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Besides simple trading will there be an auction house and what will be its mechanics?

LeckesirLeckesir Member
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Hey there,
my main question is what will be the more specific mechanics of auction house if there will be such a thing in the game (which I assume there will). Will it be global or local (tied to specific nodes) or perhaps both? Will there be more types of currency to operate with? Will there be any trading regulations or will it be a completely free system dependent with prices dependent only on the players? etc.

Comments

• Options
    There will be auction houses in economic nodes but these won't be global.

For more information on that I recommend looking into the topic on the Wiki - Auction Houses.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Oh didnt know ashes wiki already exists thanks very much!
  • Options
    Leckesir wrote: »
    Oh didnt know ashes wiki already exists thanks very much!

It's amazing, seriously, you get tons of information and the references are from interview streams and sources that you didn't even know existed. I read a lot in there since I only returned to following Ashes last year and it is a great way to see how much they are still sticking to the original concept. That way I could confirm the amount of "scope creep" (none really) has happened since back then, what mistakes have been done and how the progress has been.

Definitely huge round of respect for the people updating the wiki so diligently.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    So there will be nodes that are economic type that will have marketplaces, and then I think you can set up personal shops in all other node types as well if you are a citizen and also if you own a freehold you might be able to set up shop there as well.

A Marketplaces are local but certain things at endgame can link markets together so you can buy and sell within group of markets. Bought and sold items don't teleport around though so you will have to pick bought stuff.
  • Options
    Hutchy1989 wrote: »
    So there will be nodes that are economic type that will have marketplaces, and then I think you can set up personal shops in all other node types as well if you are a citizen and also if you own a freehold you might be able to set up shop there as well.

A Marketplaces are local but certain things at endgame can link markets together so you can buy and sell within group of markets. Bought and sold items don't teleport around though so you will have to pick bought stuff.

Well.... looks like I found ma calling in this game :smiley: