Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion and Request in regard to class name and a MASSIVE desire to see a race in game

Hello AoC Dev's!

I would like to suggest that the name of the classes Shadowblade (currently Fighter primary, Rogue secondary) and Duelist (Rogue primary and Fighter secondary) be swapped. It makes much more sense for the Rogue (Shadow/Stealth based) be named for the primary tool in their kit (Shadowblade), and Duelist being a primarily combat driven class be seated with the Fighter primary. Just makes better sense.

As for the request - I REALLY want to have two (maybe three) races in the game, I haven't seen a game since EverQuest 2 do this, and I want it badly. I would LOVE to have a Vampire race, a Dark Elf race, and an Ogre race in the game. The one that I want the most out of them is the Vampire race though, the height of my rpg fantasy is a Vampire Shadowblade (Rogue/Fighter) or Nightblade (Rogue/Mage (Mage for teleportation/greater invisibility)) or Assassin

Thank you very much for considering these things! Can't wait to play your game!

Sincerely,

Malicor Baal

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Hmm. Simple and fits well. I agree.
    But they have stated that they dont want vampires as a race or affiliation. The lore they have involves a different "darkness". Something they came up with. Whereas vamps are in every other mmo now.

I would like to see an mmo have them built in naturally, unlike what ESO did with every cat lizard elf and human becoming a vamp (under the lame excuse of a divine condition), but AoC wont be that, with the setting they have.

But I am with you on the name swap. It fits perfectly. If only your post gets noticed.
  • Options
    RoxiRoxi Member
    Hello AoC Dev's!

As for the request - I REALLY want to have two (maybe three) races in the game, I haven't seen a game since EverQuest 2 do this, and I want it badly. I would LOVE to have a Vampire race, a Dark Elf race, and an Ogre race in the game. The one that I want the most out of them is the Vampire race though, the height of my rpg fantasy is a Vampire Shadowblade (Rogue/Fighter) or Nightblade (Rogue/Mage (Mage for teleportation/greater invisibility)) or Assassin
    it is unlikely that we will see this at the start of the game ... but if you strain your imagination, you can probably make these races from Tulnar
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Options
    RoxiRoxi Member
    Hello AoC Dev's!

I would like to suggest that the name of the classes Shadowblade (currently Fighter primary, Rogue secondary) and Duelist (Rogue primary and Fighter secondary) be swapped. It makes much more sense for the Rogue (Shadow/Stealth based) be named for the primary tool in their kit (Shadowblade), and Duelist being a primarily combat driven class be seated with the Fighter primary. Just makes better sense.

Shadowblade (currently Fighter primary, Rogue secondary). I imagine that after taking the Rogue secondary, the Fighter's attacks become more "Shadow", so the name fits.

5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Options
    Roxi wrote: »
    Hello AoC Dev's!

Shadowblade (currently Fighter primary, Rogue secondary). I imagine that after taking the Rogue secondary, the Fighter's attacks become more "Shadow", so the name fits.

I agree with Roxi. If I remember right Steven mentioned in some stream that choosing Rogue as your secondary archetype will give you some kind of stealth skill.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    Agreed!

Five people replied and five people agreed, this is going places.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    I'd hold out with the whole name changing idea until we have some actual understanding of how augments will work. From what I've read on the topic, I think the "shadowblade" class might be quite fitting for a Fighter with Rogue augments, but again - only know for sure once we have a better idea what augments can do and what the schools of augmentation will be from the different archetypes.

Regarding the races:
    Vampires are in a sense just a subrace. Mabye in some expansion we will get that as a horizontal progression tree, just like the bounty hunter is supposed to provide horizontal progression.
    Ogres - I didn't read about them in any of the lore. I think they don't exist as an intelligent species in the world, even though with 2 or 3 of the Gods yet to be revealed there could be a chance for that later - again, could be expansion content.
    Dark Elves - from all I know about the lore they don't make sense in Ashes, but with the flexibility of the character creator, the look can certainly be created.

I think it might be worth mentioning that this is not "just" an MMORPG with a world built for the sake of this MMORPG. A lot of this was written as part of DnD/Pathfinder campaigns so its more like an adaption of an established world which is why I think that changes and expansions to the lore in regards to races will take time. As a GM of a homebrew campaign myself I can say it can be difficult to add in new stuff that you might have intentionally left out in the past too be more creative.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    they won't add any new races or classes in the game before launch, that would be scope creep
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Agreed only with name swapping at a bland look at the names. It makes sense. I know no back atory or anything. From what you gave me for info, it sounds better that way, yes. Other things they have in mind mind may make their way sound better in time.