Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bounty Hunter reward farming abuse.

I'm not 100% about this system. From what I understand there are rewards for hunters and corrupted players lose corruption as they die but not gold.

There are 3 players in my abuse here, all friends.
P1, P2, P3.
P1 is bait.
P2 is PKer.
P3 is BHer.

P1 sits outside closesy spawn area to available PvP spot without NPC/player interaction to the tavern you want to claim rewards at. P2 wears nothing but a cheap weapon and kills that player over and over until ineffective at killing players anymore. P3 now kills P2 over and over to gain BH rewards. Then the 3 rotate roles until everyone has earned the rewards and players remove themselves from corruption due to deaths. Either that or P3(BHer) pays for kill farming to unlock rewards from someone with a corrupted player farm created by above method. If the rewards are really good, charging IRL currency can easily be made this way.

Maybe there are repeatable rewards that are good/worth farming and this is farmed solely by a singular person with 3 accounts? I doubt they'll be THAT good, but it's a concern if so.

Is this possible? From everything I understand from reading up on this system, it seems entirely possible.
Change my mind, I encourage it because I've been thinking about ways this will be abused lately, haha. :)

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Corrupted have random spawns.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    Nice! Right now, we don't know if it is possible, but it sounds possible! Plus, there's death penalties too.

Green: full penalties
    Purple: half the penalties
    Red: four times the penalties of green, being 8x more penalties than purple

There's this also:
    A character's corruption score multiplies their death penalties and reveals a their location to bounty hunters.[53]

That's what happens when you make unnatural PvP systems just to appease the carebears, strange interactions like that will happen for sure.

System is bad, isn't it?

There's also the debuffs that will be applied on the PK against greens and purples too, the debuffs on the PK should be against greens only
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    Corrupted have random spawns.

corrupted spawns in vicinity anyway, people won't be able to spawn camp the corrupted, that's the idea
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Whether it works or not, it sounds horribly inefficient even if P1 is a disposable alt.

Why? P2 loses so many levels that the character pretty much has to be discarded or the player has to spend a vast amount of time to relevel them. We don't know how much and it depends on their level, but it might be four day's play or two week's play. You have also lost all the time you invested in P1 (and maybe P2 if you discard them).

You have progressed the BH along their career path, but you have also sacrificed all the fun inherent in the BH career path --> the thrill of hunting reds and killing them (and getting their potentially significantly valuable loot).

It appears similar to buying 19 crappy sub sandwiches in order to get a free crappy sub sandwich. Sure, you got a free sandwich, but it ended up costing far more than it was worth, right?
  • Options
    The truth is, that if you have three available characters, you will make a ton of riches if you just play the game instead of trying to exploit the corruption + bounty hunter systems.

But, theorycrafting about the possibility is fun.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    We got 0 info about the BH system and at this point I'm not even sure it'll stay around till release. But yes, there's a chance that this abuse is possible. But if it is - we'll just help Intrepid fix that issue.
  • Options
    I think exploited are welcome to the x4 death penalties. Don't think you cam delevel though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I think exploited are welcome to the x4 death penalties. Don't think you cam delevel though.

There is no delevel, I think I remember the sandal god explicitly saying this.
  • Options
    Thank you. I hate my predictive text lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »

There is no delevel, I think I remember the sandal god explicitly saying this.

Right, I didn't think there was de-leveling. Only current level exp loss/penalties no one cares about if they go away when you lose your corruption or they can sit on the P1/P2 IRL black market accounts/alts
    they won't care. Therefore, not losing anything by abusing this method.

& Even if they spawn somewhere nearby, P3, the BHer, will know exactly where, already be close and beat anyone else to them.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The xp loss doesn't go away when you lose corruption unless you work it off at the same time. Why would you bother getting rid off corruption if you are just going to sit on different toons anyway?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Xnate13XXnate13X Member
    edited March 2023
    tautau wrote: »
    It appears similar to buying 19 crappy sub sandwiches in order to get a free crappy sub sandwich. Sure, you got a free sandwich, but it ended up costing far more than it was worth, right?

Yes, but people do this because it's faster, to get ranks, rewards, etc...

You can work 5 years and blow all your money on super old/rare trading card packs and hope you get what you want. Or you can buy the exact card that you want at a premium and get it instantly.

You'd be surprised how many people RWT. Especially if they're not good or have the time for PvP but want the rewards/unlocks.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    See?

There will be no gangs of reds killing each other for cleansing corruption points.

Let red kill red and hunt each other, this is a world of hurt, let them sort out their stuff.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Xnate13X wrote: »
    Right, I didn't think there was de-leveling. Only current level exp loss/penalties no one cares about if they go away when you lose your corruption or they can sit on the P1/P2 IRL black market accounts/alts they won't care. Therefore, not losing anything by abusing this method.
    Your corruption gain increases with your PK count and the death penalties stay on the character, because death penalties are separate from the corruption penalties.

If you use the same characters for these scheme, pretty quickly you'll get to a point where it'll take you more time to clear the corruption than it would've taken you to just find a real PKer. You could maybe do this with lvl1 chars, but we don't know if there'll be any BH limitations in that kind of situation. I'd imagine Intrepid would at least put level-depending rewards, so that lvl50 BHs can't just endlessly profit by killing lvl10 PKers.
  • Options
    It's also totally reliant on a green not fighting back. A Bounty Hunter also has to flag to locate a red so another pvper might kill the bounty hunter and corrupted player. It's not so cut and dry in the open world.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    If its by me: even reds should activate bounty hunting and go other reds.

He could even be a realyl serious bounty hunter, becomming like an undercover agent, infiltrating the PK community just to backstab them later
  • Options

NiKr wrote: »
    You could maybe do this with lvl1 chars, but we don't know if there'll be any BH limitations in that kind of situation. I'd imagine Intrepid would at least put level-depending rewards, so that lvl50 BHs can't just endlessly profit by killing lvl10 PKers.

You'd hope. With the evidence I see atm, it's possible. This is why I figured I'd throw my idea out there so that way they make sure to think "abuse" through very thoroughly before releasing a system like that. :p Let's not forget people spend hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands(hardcore) when it comes to RWT to abuse or make things easier for them.