Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Red vs Red, but both are bounty hunters

Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
What happens when there's red on red violence, but both reds are also bounty hunters?
  1. servers reach critical mass and explode
  2. spiderman memes
  3. inception memes
  4. all above

7dr21r.jpg

PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't think you can flag as BH when you are corrupted.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

Supposedly, activating the Pathinding skill activates the bounty hunter.

Anyway, why shouldn't a corrupted kill other corrupted?
  • Options
    I imagine corrupted will kill each other. I'm not certain the debuffs would apply either. In some circumstances corrupted will work together which I look forward to.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    IIRC, a red who dies to a red does not loose corruption like they would if they die to a purple or green, or am I not remembering that correctly?
  • Options
    I think that's to stop the buddy loophole yeah.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    tautau wrote: »
    IIRC, a red who dies to a red does not loose corruption like they would if they die to a purple or green, or am I not remembering that correctly?

Idk, why shouldn't lose corruption points?
    I think he should lose corruption points, since there's all the death penalties going on, gear damage and even gear loss.

Even if people want to go red and red just to clear corruption, they should be able to so, otherwise people will simply bring a friend or alt and do it anyway.

See? The flagging and corruption systems are silly, unnatural rules that bring loophole gymnastics.
  • Options
    For one who moans Bounty Hunters are useless, you sure want to make a ton of changes to nerf Bounty Hunters more.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    For one who moans Bounty Hunters are useless, you sure want to make a ton of changes to nerf Bounty Hunters more.

Uh? From where that come from?
    That was pretty random and completely far from what I desire.
  • Options
    If you let corrupted shed corruption from a red kill all the bands of bandits will just kill each other and give items back rather than fighting a posse of Bounty Hunters.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    If you let corrupted shed corruption from a red kill all the bands of bandits will just kill each other and give items back rather than fighting a posse of Bounty Hunters.

Whats the difference between cleansing the corruption of one alt and then letting him cleanse all other reds?

Do you realize now the big failure the system is? I wish it was a good system, but this boat is going to sink.
  • Options
    The optimal game play is not dying at all and remain grouped to fight off all opponents. Death penalties are x4 fir corrupted. Better to kill pve and turn green again.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Do you realize now the big failure the system is? I wish it was a good system, but this boat is going to sink.

No system can be perfect because there are winners and losers.

The main point of red on red action not reducing corruption is making things as inconvenient as possible.
    - An alt can help out a red player but for that you have to spend time on leveling and gearing up an alt.
    - Or a friend can help you out but you have to find someone trustworthy who would return your stuff back to you with no benefit to themselves from helping you out.
    "Suffer in silence"
  • Options

this is true cant be bounty hunter if your corrupted
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »

this is true cant be bounty hunter if your corrupted

Cheers mate, sometimes my knowledge is old knowledge and must be updated ftw.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif