Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster coin zombie apocalypse!

Will ashes have holiday themed events such as making a monster coin zombie apocalypse for Halloween? And will events be large in terms of utilizing weather and other game systems to integrate events seamlessly and immersively into the world?

*People have to defend their nodes from infected zombies. While they are somewhat easy to deal with the key is to not take any damage or you may become infected yourself.

* Some nodes could even become overrun and survivors band together to cleanse the lands from a server wide outbreak

*Players who become zombies have a small leveling system where they gain abilities/upgrades for infecting npcs or players

Make the weather dark and grim with the amazing weather systems and really make the event almost take over the game in terms of peoples priority.

Comments

• Options
    You're probably a zombie fanatic, right?
    I'm not sure about the zombies, but I think the theme of Christmas will be 100% )
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think the devs said Verra has different seasonal holidays to earth. I think these seasonal holiday coincide though.

Events are not a direct parallel with real world events. Instead, there will be in-game lore behind seasonal events that can relate to the real-world in some way.[2][3][4]
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited March 2023
    how bout players become necromancers and they have tasks to do which spawn zombies that wave assult the node :p
    necromancer and Lich's as options.

necro do the economy side of thing making wave on minions, liches either can be buffers or dmg. buff the zombie waves or attack the enemies :p
  • Options
    Gospell wrote: »
    You're probably a zombie fanatic, right?
    I'm not sure about the zombies, but I think the theme of Christmas will be 100% )

Not so much a fanatic but I'd like them utilize the weather and other world systems to really make events stand out and change what a normal day in ashes would be.
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited March 2023
    I love zombies and hordes. Sadly I have read literally hundreds of dumb zombie novels, most of them trash. Even created my own DnD campaign based on horde like mechanics from StarCraft Brood War. So yes I would be down for this, however I bet many wouldn't be. Still server wide evens like a plague spreading or stuff like that do make excellent stories and I would love for an expansion to be something like that.

Where instead of us getting a new area unlocked instead they just ramp corruption massively in one area and force players to band together to defeat it. Like a server wide corruption battle. Starting on a massive siege taking a castle from a group and Ending on a massive siege of the corrupted forces castle.