Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Improving the visuals

I am really impressed by the armor and open world aesthetic of the game however i can't help but wondering if something was left behind i mean the graphics are amazing the colours are stunning but to me atleast it just seems a little bit too real potentially lacking in the magical aspect. For example in an mmorpg i used to play back in the day called perfect world, the human race possesed conditional skills that needed flight where a large magical sword perhaps signifying the blade in their home city would soar in thrill inducing sight i do think this is just due to the truth this is in alpha however i'm just curious if there will be more glamour in the future added?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe they could add a jumpy/floaty animation to the Mage's Fireball skill?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Maybe they could add a jumpy/floaty animation to the Mage's Fireball skill?

Perhaps with a spin while they jump in the air even!

Personally I hope for fewer and less visible effects than what we currently have on the weapons.
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited March 2023
    They are showcasing the Riverlands. I actually really appreciate the artistic route they took in keeping a more realistic approach to some designs while going extravagant in other areas. I hope it makes those areas feel particularly special. I think as they continue to show off the areas they have created you will get a better feel for the game as a whole and might feel better overall about the fantastical aspect of it.
  • Options
    I actually think it doesn't look realistic enough. Pax Dei has the perfect visual for me.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Birthday wrote: »
    I actually think it doesn't look realistic enough. Pax Dei has the perfect visual for me.

Agree. Generic models are generic for a reason. They're the best default.

Man, I hope all these new MMOs happen to line up with the preferred visual styles of the players that like their game styles. I am NOT looking forward to finding my favorite of the next crop of games and then really disliking their art style.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree, to me in looks a bit to much like earth, same sort of trees rocks and enviroments, as a new planet the types of things they could do are unlimited it should not feel like going for a walk in the woods here as nice as the graphics look,
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »
    I agree, to me in looks a bit to much like earth, same sort of trees rocks and enviroments, as a new planet the types of things they could do are unlimited it should not feel like going for a walk in the woods here as nice as the graphics look,

Earth like?

pipydpmog25a.png
    h2bptsrpzxmz.png
    ab88wrckqboj.png
    86iu1lcuugxj.png

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I prefer Realism over ugly amounts of fantasy.
  • Options
    Personally I love they appear to be going for.