Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For the Devs: Spell / Combat Revamp - checkout Hogwarts Legacy - they got it right!!

TriforCeTriforCe Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Devs, the combat revamp looks great and was much needed. I’d encourage you to checkout Hogwarts Legacy - the spell combat cadence feels perfect; I haven’t experienced this level of spell combat perfection since I can remember! The spell combat combos are engaging and rewarding and all the spells are actually significant. So many games feature a number a useless spells these days.

To those of you who enjoy playing a caster class - if you haven’t played this game yet - you’re missing out.

Comments

• HL combat is super smooth and feels good. I'm 70h+ into the game.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • TriforCeTriforCe Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    HL combat is super smooth and feels good. I'm 70h+ into the game.

HL is insane - only other combat I’ve enjoyed this much is the AION Ranger class before they nerfed rifting. I haven’t been able to stop playing. The CC spells in HL could actually work in AoC too - definitely would make an awesome Enchanter build
  • RymRym Member
    I concur, the combat of HL reminds me of Aion, which also imo had the best combat system ever designed in an MMO. Nothing came even close to it.
    787m8dm96z5g.gif
  • Casting
    Rym wrote: »
    I concur, the combat of HL reminds me of Aion, which also imo had the best combat system ever designed in an MMO. Nothing came even close to it.

Guess it feels better than it looks, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedy_DS7T2w
  • TriforCeTriforCe Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It’s more about the combat cadence in Aion, if AoC could combine that feel of combat with their graphics they’d have a masterpiece
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can't complain about the enchantments in HL. Though I'm still partial to the DnD control spells too.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • CawwCaww Member
    aren't stand-alone games much easier to balance compared to a multiplayer given the combat requirements are so different?
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, control spells are simple to create because there's no player agency. Even in DnD some DMs won't allow Enchanters and those that do are rather strict on the applications to ensure compatability with other players and the scenarios.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif