Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pimp My Caravan (Ideas for Caravan quests & Mechanics)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gospell wrote: »
    So the robbers should receive some other bonus, so that they would not be in a worse position. What's the bonus?

Agreed they should have some toys to play with as well. Which I mentioned in the last paragraph of the original post
    Kilion wrote: »
    The Highwaymen

The Highwayman is someone who specializes in Caravans. Like the Bounty Hunter, I regard it as a way to focus on a specific playing style. In this case: PvP around Caravans.

The main feature of the Highwayman "lifestyle" (of which you should only have 1) would be that 10% of all reputation gained would be transformed into Infamy within a ZOI. Infamy will reduce prices with certain traders, grant you access to better outdoor camping equipment, camouflage items for surprise attacks, non-purchasable cosmetics and access to an information dealer in taverns, who will tell you against payment things about where to find the most caravans, established trading routes or even the time when a caravan may launch so that you can target caravans for specific goods.

> A highwayman should be able to acquire camouflage items for surprise attacks (crafted items & consumable), maybe traps to lay out on roads and so on (smoke bombs, crows feet and such, baits to pull predator type mobs out of the nearby area). These items will become available for use once someone registers as an attacker of a caravan.

In this case, I would not want to become a leader, the leader will die in 2 seconds)

As explained, the incentive should be a bigger chunk of the reward. Note that it should be optional to choose a leader and an augment for the Caravan.

We don't know anything about buffs in the game yet, but I hope there will be several types of support classes and different types of buffs. Some are for attack, others are for defense. I hope

I agree, but since we don't know anything yet, I just took the initiative to propose one way this could be designed.

There will be 64 classes in the game, will the composition always be the same?
    In no way do I want to say that your idea is bad, but I think it needs to be thought through a little

True, I just think that this being the only variety attackers and defenders have to take into account could become a bit repetitive at some point in time, considering that the economic structure of Ashes probably will require a lot of caravans to go around at all times.

The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    In general, the caravans function as a quest that will help the node somehow, right? Players won't be losing any items themselves carried in those caravans.

In the stream, we saw Steven start a caravan and it had no player items, the caravan was just to start a fight and benefit the node. I don't think this needs anything special on top of it.

Maybe the caravans will mostly just be used to upgrade the node, if there's too many defense upgrades in the caravan, then the nodes will upgrade without a challenge. Maybe Steven wants that attackers can hinder the node upgrade.

I think Steven did the system like this because this gives the opportunity to hinder the node upgrade without gaining corruption, being allowed to attack and kill caravans will let you hinder the other node without a massacre on the gatherers.

It feels that the caravan system is a second layer of defense for the gatherers, being the corruption system the first layer.

Everything I said is not plainly written in the wiki or in the streams, it is just deduction.