Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Options for inter guild PVP

Many times structured PVP like arenas and the like are offered as ways for guilds to compete within their own ranks and to practice. While excellent options, I was thinking there should be a sub guild option that allows a guild to effectively "un ally" with players within their guild and have them be treated as a typical player with the exception that they are flagged purple during the entirety of the event.

For example. Guild A has 20 people and wants to practice running caravans but they don't have much competition due to the time or just their skill, as such the guild leader or officers can create a "sub guild event" that players can join, while active players are automatically flagged purple and can PVP each other at will. Furthermore the players still have all of the same affects as if they were still in the guild, the only exception is a temporary time period with which they can PVP each other. During this time they could run a caravan or any other content. It might have a maximum time period like 1 hour every 24H or perhaps unlimited.

It would be very important that this function never allowed a "sub guild event" to be used to circumvent siege rules or any other potential manipulations.

What do you guys think? Are there too many possibilities for guilds to manipulate a system like this and take advantage of it?

The point of this idea is so that large and small guilds alike can practice against each other freely and hopefully it would require relatively simple implementation.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    To me, the main thing I have with this is that PvP in Ashes is supposed to be meaningful, it is supposed to affect the game world - and this absolutely wouldnt.

I'm not against the concept at all, it just goes against what Intrepid have said they want PvP in Ashes to be.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    If it's just for caravans, it would suffice starting a player caravan from a storage, then people subscribe as defenders or attackers. The penalties would be on tough

Arena would probably have a private room option, probably there will be a lobby with the list of all private rooms, just like Guild Wars 2 has

PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    @Noaani That is very true. To some degree i thought about this as an option for just the alpha to further the testing capabilities of players.
  • Options
    Not a fan of this idea, sounds like akin to min maxing and being scared for fights. If you need to practice do it though contributing to the events in the world and the pvp.

If it is about self pvp or groups fights, then simply have group duels between each other.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    There should be open world arenas that treat all players as vagabond pvpers (who still have their passives) and caravan events should do the same. That would cover pretty much all the training you'd need. Well, outside of sieges, but imo those should be done in the moment rather than after a ton of proper training. Proper planning and reactive actions should be valued higher than just pure practice amount.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    There should be open world arenas that treat all players as vagabond pvpers (who still have their passives) and caravan events should do the same. That would cover pretty much all the training you'd need. Well, outside of sieges, but imo those should be done in the moment rather than after a ton of proper training. Proper planning and reactive actions should be valued higher than just pure practice amount.

You mean the open sea, but land?
    We never know, but there's some islands and moons, something may come up, it's up to Steven
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    You mean the open sea, but land?
    We never know, but there's some islands and moons, something may come up, it's up to Steven
    Literally just an arena where anyone can fight anyone. No flagging no nothing.

This kind of stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr9EHmL-1uM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYN_JbmHy1Y
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah, definitely adding this as a much more serious consideration to my far future 'random stuff'.

(The 'Freehold PvP zone toggle thing)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    @NiKr I wonder if freehold owners would enjoy being able to configure the PvP settings in the freehold area
    • full PvP, just like the sea
    • regular flagging
    • no PvP at all

I am really curious about this
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I wonder if freehold owners would enjoy being able to configure the PvP settings in the freehold area
    Options are always good, as long as they're well-known by all the players.
  • Options
    @NiKr I wonder if freehold owners would enjoy being able to configure the PvP settings in the freehold area
    • full PvP, just like the sea
    • regular flagging
    • no PvP at all

I am really curious about this

I could get behind that.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    @NiKr @daveywavey fine, I'll make a thread about it, I won't advertise any option, I am just genuinely curious about people's opinion
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    Are guildmates able to fight each other in the ocean? I don't know if that's been spelled out yet. This kind of thing might need a more specific force-flag area.

I'm very much hoping that the ocean has islands that retain the PvP flagging rules of the ocean.