Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

character / name

hey,

I would like to know how it will be handled with the character from alpha 2.

Namely, when I finally (yes I can't wait) play and can use the character creator, will my characters remain saved until after realease?

I mean can I log in to realease and my character / names are still saved or is everything completely deleted and I have to start all over again?

... and thanks for the game it looks great and i can't wait. ;)

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Everything is deleted. People with a Voyager Plus pack and up can reserve a single name on a single server at some point in the future but we don't know when. Voyager Plus holders will however be last to reserver their name as Kickstarter will be first to reserve, then Summer backers, then store pack holders.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.

Then I quickly upgrade to the Plus Pack and cross my fingers that my name is still available.
  • Options
    deleted wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

Then I quickly upgrade to the Plus Pack and cross my fingers that my name is still available.

Sorry, I think it's been "deleted"! Hohohohooooo!!!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    deleteddeleted Member
    edited March 2023
    daveywavey wrote: »
    deleted wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

Sorry, I think it's been "deleted"! Hohohohooooo!!!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited April 2023
    I'd prefer if it used account pin numbers so we can have multiple people with the same name. It's actually immersion breaking and unrealistic when only 1 person can have 1 name at a time. It's also an outdated system since the pin number system is the new norm.

Basically how it works is every character you make has the #123456 after their name, but it is usually invisible. So each player can have whatever name they want, but you can only use that name once per account. It's also used as a number so that people can add you to their friends list.

If identifying specific players is foreseen as a problem then you can allow us to color tag names. That way people can't lie about their identity. It's unlikely people will pick the same classes anyway.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East