Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Did we have a fighter preview stream?

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
The reason I am asking is, I am not sure if the Basic Melee Weapon Attack Update we got back in June counts as one. The ranger one from September was called Basic Ranged Weapon Attack Update, so the naming scheme fits in that sense, but I also feel it was more focused than the melee one.

Steven let us know on Discord that we'll be getting the Mage update in April or May, so I am just wondering how many class previews to expect after that. :smile: Assuming Fighter is already considered previewed, we have from June 2023 and on to get Rogue, Bard and Summoner before the year is out. I also hope they don't wait with A2 until all the classes are in a testable state. They can add them along the way, even if we don't see the last classes until 2024.

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They aren't under any obligation to do a preview of all of the classes prior to A2. I love the previews, of course, but don't delay A2 just for class previews!
  • I think Intrepid considers it previewed for now, but perhaps there is more to come down the line.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau wrote: »
    They aren't under any obligation to do a preview of all of the classes prior to A2. I love the previews, of course, but don't delay A2 just for class previews!
    We should expect to see several months of Alpha 2 Previews before Alpha 2 drops.
    I would also hope we have several months with a replacement for Jeffrey Bard.

Nerror wrote: »
    Steven let us know on Discord that we'll be getting the Mage update in April or May, so I am just wondering how many class previews to expect after that. :smile: Assuming Fighter is already considered previewed, we have from June 2023 and on to get Rogue, Bard and Summoner before the year is out. I also hope they don't wait with A2 until all the classes are in a testable state. They can add them along the way, even if we don't see the last classes until 2024.
    In theory, Bard, Rogue and Summoner could be added after Alpha 2 drops, but... it's Intrepid Studios... and Steven...
    Don't believe the hype.
    We can't even get Nodes 3 or the final 2 Know Your Nodes articles.
    Ashes was supposed to release before 2020 because the Unreal Engine makes building MMORPGs so easy.
    It would basically be the same problem as EQNext... once the devs are slaving to keep Alpha 2 playable and fix all the bugs, they wouldn't have sufficient time to develop those final Archetypes, so... there would very likely be even more substantial delays while we waited for them to be added.
  • Since they were not labeled as "reveals" or "showcases" of that specific class, I think this does not count. I am still expecting Intrepid to make such reveals, however, since they did not have much information on the other classes yet they will probably come first. My money would be on fighter and cleric getting a more detailed showcase together at some point with a similar ability breakdown as we saw with that tank (so around lv 15, explaining the main abilities at that point. Not all abilities just enough to get a feel for what the class will look like) - the reshoot I might add.

The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Dygz wrote: »
    In theory, Bard, Rogue and Summoner could be added after Alpha 2 drops, but... it's Intrepid Studios... and Steven...
    Don't believe the hype.
    Ashes was supposed to release before 2020 because the Unreal Engine makes building MMORPGs so easy.
    It would basically be the same problem as EQNext... once the devs are slaving to keep Alpha 2 playable and fix all the bugs, they wouldn't have sufficient time to develop those final Archetypes, so... there would very likely be even more substantial delays while we waited for them to be added.

well, steven already said that all classes will be ready before alpha 2 starts. also, I believe the rogue and the bard were going to be in alpha one, but they decided to not include them last minute, due to some issues (what they currently had probs sucked:D )

also, the guy/team designing an archetype/class isn't the same guy implementing it, or designing a dungeon, or the world, or the crafting system, etc. you can work on all those things in parallel :P
    Depraved wrote: »
    well, steven already said that all classes will be ready before alpha 2 starts. also, I believe the rogue and the bard were going to be in alpha one, but they decided to not include them last minute, due to some issues (what they currently had probs sucked:D )
    Steven has said a lot of things that turned out not to be true.
    Don't believe his hype.

Depraved wrote: »
    also, the guy/team designing an archetype/class isn't the same guy implementing it, or designing a dungeon, or the world, or the crafting system, etc. you can work on all those things in parallel :P
    I think we agree?
    That does not negate anything I said.
  • VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited April 2023
    The reason I am asking is, I am not sure if the Basic Melee Weapon Attack Update we got back in June counts as one. The ranger one from September was called Basic Ranged Weapon Attack Update, so the naming scheme fits in that sense, but I also feel it was more focused than the melee one.

Im pretty sure bard and summoner gonna come out after alpha 2 has started, rogue might come before or after but im certain on bard and summoners being later on after A2

Mage was kinda the last mandatory class for full class fantasy options. (Tank = tank, Fighter = melee dps, Ranger, ranged non mage dps, mage = magic caster, cleric = healer) so they covered all the main class fantasy.

The remaining class release order will be Mage, Rogue, bard, Summoner though in that order i beleive since summoner tend to be the harder classes to make and bard was another one they said was difficult so those 2 will be last
  • Depraved wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Don't believe the hype.

I dont recall him saying they be in before alpha 2 if you got a snip it of that i wouldnt mind seeing it cause what i recall was he used for alpha 2, not before which means anytime in alpha 2 you will see them he also used for alpha 2 when describing alot of the auxiliary systems but not initial alpha 2 launch so basicly the game will have everything in before leaveing alpha 2 and going into beta, aka game finished at the end of alpha 2 cause beta wont last long there basicly just stress test and server checks more than anything.
  • Pretty sure what we're seeing now ARE the class previews. No reason for them to make the videos like they did for A1 when they're already having dedicated streams for each of them and players will get to test them in A2. Seems to me they are following the same order as they did in the first Alpha regarding class options. They'll probably add Rogue, Bard and Summoner later in the testing phase.
    I mean... Steven already said in the March Dev Stream that Alpha 2 is not around the corner.
    He expects internal Alpha 2 testing to happen at the end of 2023/beginning of 2024.
    So... that's closer to the Alpha 1 testing we had at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021.
  • Dygz wrote: »
    I mean... Steven already said in the March Dev Stream that Alpha 2 is not around the corner.
    He expects internal Alpha 2 testing to happen at the end of 2023/beginning of 2024.
    So... that's closer to the Alpha 1 testing we had at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021.

as you said, steven has said many things...and then they have changed.

maybe IS will finish their milestones faster and surprise us with alpha 2 in a few months.

i wish.