Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Variety of idle stance animations, but not a variety of ability animations based on equiped weapon??

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
When we first saw the two handed sword and the twin daggers, people noticed how the same animation played for the spin-to-win ability whether the two handed sword was equipped, or the 2 daggers.

Years ago I spoke about the weapons disappearing from the hands of the characters during the casting of certain abilities and the answer given was that creating animations for each weapon would take a considerable amount of time that wasn't available.

Combat should be prioritized above all character activities, whether emote/rp or crafting/gathering.
Having weapons disappear when you cast abilities, or having the characters body move in the same way, whether you hold a large weapon or two small daggers while performing an ability chip away at the combat experience.
Don't do the same mistake as ESO when it comes to combat/weapon animations. Yes, having lively characters, which can show our personalities is important, but not at the expense of a gameplay function, the most prominent of all in videogames: combat.

Comments

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    as long as they keep the yellow hammer skill in the fighter, I'm happy
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not expecting the Active Skill animations to be based on which weapon is equipped.
    I am expecting Weapon Skill animations to be based on which weapon is equipped.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yes, having lively characters, which can show our personalities is important, but not at the expense of a gameplay function, the most prominent of all in videogames: combat.
    While I agree with this specific statement, animations aren't a gameplay function.