Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

dropped gear > crafted gear

Can we change it back lol, so that dungeon/raid gear is better than crafted gear, but with high lvl crafting you can enhance your already great gear further and beyond imagination...?

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    No :)
  • Options
    I am fairly certain when they say crafted gear is better you aren't just mining some random rocks and making BIS gear. You will be getting rare mat drops from dungeons, boss, etc which you will need to explore and have multiple pieces to create BIS gear.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited April 2023
    In Guild Wars 2, you can farm ascended and legendary materials in dungeons and other places, then you craft them later in the city

This lets the player do whatever he likes the most and in the long run he will get the best gear anyway
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    hell nah
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I am fairly certain when they say crafted gear is better you aren't just mining some random rocks and making BIS gear. You will be getting rare mat drops from dungeons, boss, etc which you will need to explore and have multiple pieces to create BIS gear.

Yeah, basically this.
  • Options
    Why would they do that?
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    bluntozebluntoze Member
    edited April 2023
    NO. Crafted should be better. Or at least have a chance for better rolls. Not every piece you craft should by default be better. But crafters should have the chance to make the best gear in game.

If you ask me I would also make the gear age, degrade. decrease stats with use (time in use in combat). Both crafted and drop.
    With repair you can put them back up , but the max you put them back up at should go down in time. How much time, dunno , longer rather than shorted , half a year , 1 year. The idea is to not have 1 piece of gear be the best thing you can use 3 years in a row.

Plus gives the incentive for crafters to keep crafting and for economy to keep turning , chasing those high rolls to replace the aging ones.
  • Options

Exactly.

OP: Try to think of it like this: high-end Crafted gear essentially IS Dropped gear, cos you have to raid to get those materials.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    GafGaf Member
    daveywavey wrote: »

Exactly.

OP: Try to think of it like this: high-end Crafted gear essentially IS Dropped gear, cos you have to raid to get those materials.

Sounds fair! :)
  • Options
    Gaf wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

Exactly.

Sounds fair! :)

yep youwill need materials from mob and boss drops
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nah.

I would go a step further and say that when a dead mob that just battled eight or more people drops items those items should be damaged and not pristine.

Crafters could then break them down and over time learn how to craft the item for you or repair a damaged item to new and have materials to use from what they broke down previously.
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    In Guild Wars 2, you can farm ascended and legendary materials in dungeons and other places, then you craft them later in the city

This lets the player do whatever he likes the most and in the long run he will get the best gear anyway

I honestly prefered the old way in GW2 where ascended items didn't exist past rings since it took the place of legendary weapons, devaluing them. That being said, I loved crafting legendary items. They were hard as heck to gather everything to make 1 nevermind multiples. You needed to get rich or grind your butt off. I always felt accomplished being one of the few with legendaries back when the game came out. I had 9 legendaries by the time I quit by release of first expansion. That being said, I love crafting my characters own items. I HATE when you have to funnel all your mats to help 1 person in a guild level a skill to then craft everyone's items. It's not right. I work hard for my mats/gold, I don't want to help pay for someone else's skilling levels. I have never and will never craft that way. I will go above and beyond and spend 10x the price to level up and craft my legendaries or items by maxing out my skills rather than have a guild member do it and pay for their skills. Hell, when WoW Classic came out, I managed to collect through purchase or gathering, every single tailoring pattern before my guild tailoring crafter. I paid a LOT but even had bottomless bag pattern before that person. I then made a lot of passive money off selling crafts to randoms and other players that hate to siphon their mats to guild leaders.. to the point that people started coming to me for crafts in the guild and the leaders didn't seem too happy about that, lols.

I do think that dungeons/raids should hold items you need to farm for/gather for BIS items though... With that being said, they should be tradable so you can cash out or purchase them if you choose to. I support the merchant lifestyle as I am one myself. p:
  • Options
    @Xnate13X GW2 is fantastic in many ways, but what I hate about it's crafting and leveling is that once you max it out, you will never even look at those things again

All low level items will become nothing but items for salvging, at least in GW2 you can right click the salvager and auto salvage everything in all bags
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    I honestly think past level 20, mobs shouldn't drop gear at all. It should be only mats from that point on.