Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bring back the Crossbows & Potion Launchers

Who else is upset they will not have crossbows & potion launchers ,i my self wanted to be a necromancer with a potion launchers staying back in the fight supporting other players with aoe damage

Comments

• Options
    Then do it with a rod. This fantasy only existed in your head, because yo thought you can do it.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Priorities and options change during active development. If you were one of the handful of people that had those skins, you received your compensation. I have yet to see a bitch and moan from anyone who actually received an email on it. Read your TOS for the account you have created here.

"You acknowledge and agree that Intrepid may change, modify, “nerf,” delete, remove or otherwise alter the appearance, function, use and/or properties of any Game Assets at any time, in its sole discretion."
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Their is a different between skins and the mechanics, of what the weapon actually does And just because you didn’t want something in the game don’t mean a lot of people out their didn’t want it, and have the right to be upset that they not following through on promises they made
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    alpha 2 in 2024, launch maybe 2026? I 100% don't want to see anything at all be added to the game before launch
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Who else is upset they will not have crossbows & potion launchers ,i my self wanted to be a necromancer with a potion launchers staying back in the fight supporting other players with aoe damage

Fight for your right to party brother.

I'm always open to new weapons, I just don't like weapons being tied to abilities.
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    alpha 2 in 2024, launch maybe 2026? I 100% don't want to see anything at all be added to the game before launch

It’s not a add on it’s been taken away
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Yeah, and this is a good thing.

I'd rather have Ashes with no crossbows and potion launchers than no Ashes - or even than a delayed Ashes.

If Intrepid believe that dropping these two item types (for now) will allow the game to be released sooner (even if only a week), then by all means, drop them.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bye crossbows it was awesome for the whole 10 minutes we had you, /s.

64coc11xpncv.gif

lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    In favor of the development progress I can't say I am too sad about potion launchers and crossbows being discontinued until launch. With that being said - I am fairly certain that they will be put into the game in one of the early expansions because Steven probably himself feels not too happy about having to make that decision.
    So for progress it's good, for immersion and player expectations it is very dissatisfying but I think this is a temporary situation (even though I understand that temporary could mean many months after launch).

Like another user pointed out, there is lore that at least documents the invention of the crossbow by the dwarfs, so maybe we will see them (re)introduced in an update to increase the depth of the different races.

@Natasha How many of these freaking animations do you have, I've never seen you use the same one twice?!

The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    @Kilion all of them. :D

u0bqtephkxii.jpg

lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2023

... if it's not in the game, they'd need to add it... and did you look at amount of planned weapons? it's more than most released MMOs have, if they remove 5 more weapons there will still be a lot left

I personally I hope they also remove stuff like parlour games, family system, monster token events and other secondary systems and push those to future expansions.

theres already way too much content in the game, scope is big, we need a MVP first, before 2028
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yeah, I'd be all good if they just dropped the whole family system - it really isn't needed at all (ignoring the family teleport completely).

Monster tokens and parlor games both seem to me to be better things to add to the game at a later point in time. They seem to me to be things a game would have to keep players interested in the game a bit longer - and as such I would have to assume they would be better at that function if they were new to the game at a point in time where some players were starting to get bored of what the game was offering.

I mean, I do like the idea of monster coin events - playing the game as a monster for a while (even if only 10 minutes) seems to me like it would be fun. But it is the kind of thing I would do when I want to be logged in to the game, but are otherwise bored. It isn't something I would be doing if I could instead be leveling up.
  • Options

... if it's not in the game, they'd need to add it... and did you look at amount of planned weapons? it's more than most released MMOs have, if they remove 5 more weapons there will still be a lot left

I personally I hope they also remove stuff like parlour games, family system, monster token events and other secondary systems and push those to future expansions.

theres already way too much content in the game, scope is big, we need a MVP first, before 2028

I get the rejection of the family system and the monster token mechanic as part of the launch scope - even though I might not fully share it. But parlor games seem like a thing of immersion which is important for anyone looking to RP and part of what it takes to make the tavern buildings useful to build. I can't find a similar utility in family membership - it seems to have a lot in common with guilds - or the monster token mechanics, even though I get that they are fun and can add more immersion. But parlor games are a direct support element for a type of building and player activity.
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    But parlor games are a direct support element for a type of building and player activity.

I'd agree with this. But I would push the advanced stock exchange timetable before parlour games.

o4ok8l9kg1c3.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »
    But parlor games are a direct support element for a type of building and player activity.

I'd agree with this. But I would push the advanced stock exchange timetable before parlour games.

I'm not sure whether or not they even started working actively on the parlour games or stock exchange yet. For the stock exchange they are missing probably a lot of the associated systems like the finished Node system and for the parlour games it would require the freehold system to be basically done. But leaving that aside - why would you want the stock exchange take priority?

o4ok8l9kg1c3.png

Don't try to spoil me XD
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited April 2023

I was thinking more like 2030, I worry if Steven will have money until then

If he spends all his money, which investor will put many milions of dollars in a niche game that "is not for everybody"?
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    we will probaly see crossbows after release
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be all good if they just dropped the whole family system - it really isn't needed at all

yess-a-thousand-times-yes.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    in another video there is a balista on top of a wall so the technology is there
  • Options
    I'm for cutting the fluff from Ashes on a permanent level, but weapons aren't really fluff.
  • Options

I'm not sure whether or not they even started working actively on the parlour games or stock exchange yet. For the stock exchange they are missing probably a lot of the associated systems like the finished Node system and for the parlour games it would require the freehold system to be basically done. But leaving that aside - why would you want the stock exchange take priority

I don't. I'd prefer it if they pushed the timeline for the stockexchange into the first expansion if they had to scrub anything for launch.

Sure it's a kickstarter goal, but I think it's the most ridiculous one and to be fair adds the least value.

You can already have the regional market system without getting into the in-depth stock market options they likely want like imagine trading on wheat futures in a metropolis. It's just overkill or having shares in ownership of peoples jewellery shop ventures or a group starts a shipping concern.

I'd be happy with the parlour games and a lack of the stock market, if they have to scrub anything for launch and add it in a patch or expansion at a later date I'd hope it's that.

wcw860nzh0fl.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2023

I'd be happy with the parlour games and a lack of the stock market, if they have to scrub anything for launch and add it in a patch or expansion at a later date I'd hope it's that.

wcw860nzh0fl.jpg

They can scrub the parlour games and the stock market, Kaelar and Empyrean too.

But they do not need to scrub anything related to combat and class design.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey hey, what have the kaelar and empyrean done to you?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Hey hey, what have the kaelar and empyrean done to you?

My Earthkin in Dun need their horizontal pew more importantly then the existence of the starbucks races.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If we don't have typical humans and elves then typical dwarves would also be under threat. I feel the pain of Starbucks but sometimes you need a black coffee to complete the menu.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    If we don't have typical humans and elves then typical dwarves would also be under threat. I feel the pain of Starbucks but sometimes you need a black coffee to complete the menu.

Thanks for light memeing with me.

Just advocating for weapons to be interesting and not boring stat sticks.
  • Options
    I can get behind the call for crossbows, but the idea of potion launchers (personal ones), while unique, seemed a little odd for the setting they were going for, as well as how such a thing would actually work lore/mechanics wise.

So yes to Crossbows, meh for potion launchers.
  • Options
    Zeitlos wrote: »
    I can get behind the call for crossbows, but the idea of potion launchers (personal ones), while unique, seemed a little odd for the setting they were going for, as well as how such a thing would actually work lore/mechanics wise.

The potion launchers were a cool idea... But they kind of felt weird and out of place in apoc. Everything is all high fantasy then you have the equivalent to a magic grenade launcher.

Crossbow are the ones I don't think should have been dropped. If for no other reason than the dwarves are going to look funny with bows instead of crossbows.
  • Options
    I don't. I'd prefer it if they pushed the timeline for the stockexchange into the first expansion if they had to scrub anything for launch.

Sure it's a kickstarter goal, but I think it's the most ridiculous one and to be fair adds the least value.

Oh okay, got it. Even as a real life investor myself I have to say that I didn't really understood why they planned something like that for the game, because I agree, there is not too much use to a stock exchange in a world where it does not fix the problems that it does in real life (as far as I can tell).

With that being said, besides the monster coin events, I am quite optimistic because not many systems announced make me think "this is totally unnecessary".

Hope you had some nice Easter holidays if that's a thing for you!
  • Options
    Zeitlos wrote: »

Yessir.