Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Intrepid Studios is Going to HAVE to Do This

Because there's chance for failure and losing things in Ashes of Creation, there's going to be a TON of overly-emotional players who will rage and or cry because of how "hardcore" the game is. Intrepid Studios is going to have to do this: Create a contract that players have to agree with before playing the game, that says that Intrepid Studios is NOT responsible for players' emotional outbreaks in the case of damages caused in the game.

Post your opinions below on this matter.

Comments

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    what
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    While it might be a good idea to have an advisory when players first load up the game indicating that Ashes design goals I don't think a contract like your suggesting is necessary.
  • Options
    CCP games failed in preparing the players for it's brutal pvp game, this caused outcry for 20 years.
    Then they launched a whole new tutorial, where people learn how to die, lose and attack others.

Now it is fine, since people are being prepared early on
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Isn't that already in the ToS that nobody reads but everyone agrees too?
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2023
    Zogzor wrote: »
    Because there's chance for failure and losing things in Ashes of Creation, there's going to be a TON of overly-emotional players who will rage and or cry because of how "hardcore" the game is. Intrepid Studios is going to have to do this: Create a contract that players have to agree with before playing the game, that says that Intrepid Studios is NOT responsible for players' emotional outbreaks in the case of damages caused in the game.

Intrepid is not responsible for the mental health or well being of any individual playing their game prior to or while playing the game.

And if anyone has a meltdown because of how difficult the game is they've had years to learn that "Ashes isn't for everyone", so that statement eventually must apply to them.

I see a great opportunity for schadenfreude, in the future.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think we need a proper blood pact, not merely a contract.

Every player needs to slowly fill a phylactery with their blood, while chanting the TOS and promising they won't get mad over losing stuff ingame. Upon completion of the ritual they over-night it to Intrepid Studios. Upon receipt of the phylactery (and once the subscription is paid), Intrepid will open access to the player's account.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid Studios doesn't HAVE to do shit.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Intrepid Studios doesn't HAVE to do shit.
    Well, let's not go THAT far. They do have to make the game. They kinda promised that and kinda took a shitload of money from people to do that. :)
  • Options
    SengardenSengarden Member
    edited April 2023
    Because there's chance for failure and losing things in Ashes of Creation, there's going to be a TON of overly-emotional players who will rage and or cry because of how "hardcore" the game is.

And until that day, I'll hope and pray that I'll be able to hear their rage and taste the salt of their tears over in-game VC as I deliver the blow which fells them.

It's a game. Anyone who puts a fist through their monitor because they lost less than a level of XP or some mid-tier loot in a PvP exchange needs a therapist, not a social contract.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sengarden wrote: »
    Because there's chance for failure and losing things in Ashes of Creation, there's going to be a TON of overly-emotional players who will rage and or cry because of how "hardcore" the game is.

And until that day, I'll hope and pray that I'll be able to hear their rage and taste the salt of their tears over in-game VC as I deliver the blow which fells them.

It's a game. Anyone who puts a fist through their monitor because they lost less than a level of XP or some mid-tier loot in a PvP exchange needs a therapist, not a social contract.

QFTY.
  • Options
    Intrepid Studios is Going to HAVE to Do ....

slap-trek.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

What are you talking about? Hahaha
  • Options
    AustrinautAustrinaut Member
    edited April 2023
    Arya_Yeshe made a great point, a tutorial that explains the unique characteristics of the game could be super important. It's also super easy to do, since literally all players (except tulnar I guess) come through the expedition portals.

So all Intrepid has to do is build a limited size area that functions as a testing ground for who is allowed on the expedition. Like trying out for a team. Put a rope course, some aggressive critters, and a FFA "PvP" arena. Make a simple system that generates NPCs (with player names) that look and behave more like lvl 1-3 players, maybe even saying things. Adjust their amount and aggression to compensate for player density and allow new players at off times to experience a similar tutorial. Cap the tutorial level really low so there's no meaningful downside to skipping it. Requre the first character to go through the tutorial.

All the while, some drill instructor guy is barking out orders and explanations. Make him the only voice in the game, and have it be Arnold Schwarzenegger. I wanna hear him congratulate us all and root for us, I think he'd like that too.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What about a contract for the try hards that think everyone else is soft?
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Fanboi’s
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fantmx wrote: »
    What about a contract for the try hards that think everyone else is soft?

Sounds soft that they'll need a contract that tells try hards " be careful, other people are soft. And their feelings WILL be hurt."

e2lwok0nja5y.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png