Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion for the world-building team.

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
I would love to see an above-ground river abruptly fall into a hole in the ground to the underrealm, and after the waterfall just continue down there as one of the those underrealm rivers Steven mentioned. Essentially making it a one-way trip into that part of the underrealm, with some potential falling damage on the way. Maybe even make a plateau-like area down there, and then another waterfall, so the only way to get to the plateau is from the top. Also please add some neato underrealm fishes we can catch.

Being a professional artist, I made some reference art to illustrate what I mean. You can freely use it ingame:
iIhULBU.png

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    That poor guy at the bottom
    j0kvdlgrwv22.png

I definitely support terrain changes to this extent.
  • Options
    Cool idea, @Nerror.
  • Options
    This sounds awesome! Clever idea.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    Being a professional artist, I made some reference art to illustrate what I mean. You can freely use it ingame:
    iIhULBU.png

They're currently recruiting for a Senior Environment Artist.

This link may help you: https://intrepidstudios.com/careers
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Oooh I like this idea a lot! B)
  • Options
    Who else played Ultima Underworld?
    You were dungeoning there you could find pockets of civilization in there, characters would have their little rooms and you could chat with them, etc
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Xnate13XXnate13X Member
    edited April 2023
    Super cool! (: Can have all sorts of nice resources the deeper you go. Then the only way to get out could be that you have to kill a guardian of some sort or complete a hard jumping puzzle. I'd like the idea of super cool areas like this accidentally discovered, like the Guild Wars 2 jumping puzzles. (: Essentially, it's the same idea to some. You could not leave them unless you died or completed it.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »
    iIhULBU.png

They're currently recruiting for a Senior Environment Artist.

This link may help you: https://intrepidstudios.com/careers

I don't think they can afford me. I start at $350 an hour, plus $10 per color used in my art. :p
  • Options
    an underground city would be nice, by the way, will AoC even have npc cities of any kind somewhere? or is it all nodes?
  • Options
    an underground city would be nice, by the way, will AoC even have npc cities of any kind somewhere? or is it all nodes?

Aside from the starter areas, it's all nodes, but we will have underrealm nodes as well. I hope I get to be on a server with an underrealm metropolis.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    👀

📝📝
    community_management.gif