Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The artificial intelligence dilemma that universities are confronting is "Full-on robot writing."

Some claim that as AI develops, it will eventually be able to write academic articles. But when does the introduction of AI amount to fraud?

"As I wait for my next class to begin in front of the lecture hall, two students next to me are debating which AI programme will write their essays the best. Am I marking this correctly? essays on AI?

Carla Ionescu, a historian, captured the mounting worry about what artificial intelligence can mean for conventional university evaluation in a tweet she posted late last month. “No. Not possible, she tweeted. Tell me we haven't arrived yet.

But AI has long been pounding on the university's gate.
Ben Goertzel, a computer theorist, suggested the "robot university student test" in 2012, contending that an AI capable of earning a degree in the same manner as a person should be regarded as aware.

If it weren't for the achievements of AIs using natural language processing (NLP), most notably GPT-3, the language model developed by the OpenAi research lab, Goertzel's idea—an alternative to the more well-known "Turing test"—might have remained a thought experiment.

Nassim Dehouche, a computer scientist, presented a paper two years ago proving that GPT-3 could produce legitimate academic writing that was imperceptible to standard anti-plagiarism tools.

" found the output to be indistinguishable from an excellent undergraduate essay, both in terms of soundness and originality," Dehouche told Guardian Australia.

Comments

• Options
    anyone, more ideas for The artificial intelligence dilemma that universities are confronting is "Full-on robot writing."
  • Options
    DillanCrossDillanCross Member
    edited October 2023
    The artificial intelligence dilemma that universities are confronting, "Full-on robot writing," is truly fascinating. As a student who enjoys writing, I can appreciate the rapid advancements in AI and how they impact academia. It's exciting to witness the fusion of technology and education. In this era, AI has the potential to assist students, not only with their academic writing but also with enhancing their critical thinking skills. Moreover, for MBA students, this technology can be a game-changer. As someone who's explored the benefits of AI in writing, I'd like to recommend considering an AI-driven https://essaypro.com/mba-essay-writing-service mba essay service for aspiring business professionals. It can be a valuable aid in crafting compelling essays and statements of purpose.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In a class I co-teach, my colleague and I had the students use Chat-GPT (and other sources) to do their research. We then met with each student for a half hour of discussion on their topic and graded them on their knowledge.

We found that this worked well on assessing the actual learning by the students, so the AI was flipped into a good research tool.
  • Options
    One day AI will teach humans more efficiently... to be better humans.
    The question is will humans make AI teachers or AI weapons first?
  • Options
    Funny thing about the human race is we survived because of our "superior" intelligence compared to the other species.

Now look at us haha