Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be enough node projects to spend tax on?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
For the longer term, in relation to stable nodes, I wonder what point taxes will have if the node has been all maxed out.

Will there be enough node projects or objectives to spend tax on?

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I assume it'll be balanced by the world manager. Got all the node upgrades possible? Now all your taxes go to the upkeep of those upgrades. Or smth like that.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was under the impression that building construction would also require donations...I thought taxes would be used for maintenance more than construction.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    With all the different systems, as well as node sieges and events potentially destroying them, i don't think this will be an issue, except maybe in the most extreme cases. Even then when a node is near fully build, i think competetive nodes will start working together to bring them down. And if not, maybe a server wide special event takes place.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited April 2023
    I strongly doubt, I believe that the node will amass an obscene amount of gold and have nothing to spend on in the long run

I believe that PvP kills should be scored based on the amount of damage inflicted on the opponent's gear, with the score being measured in gold (since it needs gold to repair the gear). This would incentivize players to become militia members and protect nodes, as they could earn money for their efforts

This is another reason why I think every pvp kill should damage gear, even the events. There is no risk if you can equip the best gear in the game and march into battle without worrying any bit about the cost of it
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.