Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

#corruptioninthecloset - Religious quest: Champion of the Essence

What if religions offered a Champion of the Essence quest where the goal is to defeat or be defeated by a corrupted boss, allowing players to progress within their chosen religion? This quest could be repeatable for those seeking to further their devotion.
  • defeat a boss
  • be killed by a boss

During the Champion of the Essence quest, players would have 8 hours to defeat or be defeated by a boss. Failing to do so would result in a small amount of corruption. This challenge serves as a test of faith and commitment for those seeking to follow the path of righteousness.

Additionally, if a player is ganked while the quest is active, the ganker would receive 3 times more corruption, while the quest runner ganking another player would result in 5 times more corruption, the downfall is bigger for the seeker. If the player fails to achieve any of both outcomes, then he turns into corruption for his weakness and lack of faith.

f5cc6bf5d19ac07765f473599fd20472.jpg

There should be such risk in a religious quests, hell is full of good intentions you know! :#

#corruptioninthecloset
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• Options
    Corruption is a penalty for PKing greens not for losing a quest. Additionally from a lore perspective to my knowledge corruption is accumulated because of the soul willingly giving in to destruction of creation (that the Gods spend a good portion of time on to preserve).

And given the fact that a corrupted player has a risk of losing gear, I don't think there is any reason to punish a failed boss attempt this way.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I dont see Intrepid putting in quests where they can be successfully completed by being killed.

If you remove that aspect, sure, quests where the object is to kill a boss - that will likely be a thing.
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    Corruption is a penalty for PKing greens not for losing a quest. Additionally from a lore perspective to my knowledge corruption is accumulated because of the soul willingly giving in to destruction of creation (that the Gods spend a good portion of time on to preserve).

And given the fact that a corrupted player has a risk of losing gear, I don't think there is any reason to punish a failed boss attempt this way.

I'm not asking old questions, I am doubling down on corruption since it has a bigger plot in the lore

Shyness about corruption is wrong, corruption should be greater
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    I'm not asking old question

Where did I say you did? What does this have to do with my comment?

You declaring something is "right" or "wrong" is not an argument, it is just an opinion that nobody is required to share.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited April 2023

You declaring something is "right" or "wrong" is not an argument, it is just an opinion that nobody is required to share.

Because you are "mansplaining" me what corruption is, but your explanation is not correct, because corruption has a bigger role in AoC. There's an entire lore behind it, corruption is there pulling the strings of the antagonists in the game.

So. corruption could be used for more interesting things other than bringing mobs and punishing pk.

Corruption could be used when a player runs a specific quest chain under any religion, or maybe in the religious node!
    Maybe if you want a certain title, or a certain exalted armor within that religion, then you would have to take this quest chain where you have a certain amount of hours to kill a boss or die to a boss, otherwise you will get corrupted. Maybe this corruption from quests without killing any greeh player, could be spared from gear drops if he dies, since he commited no crime and is only trying to progress in this spiritual path

It is very special, also it is relatable, because this is the downfall of a spiritual seeker, it is pretty poetic
  • Options

I want to speak to your manager.
  • Options
    If an someone in the religious branch holds a certain special title or gear, it should signify that they had the courage and faith to embark on a path that others did not

Obviously, such quest chain wouldn't be mandatory, you could still go for the soggy tasteless grind instead... maybe it fits you better :#
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    People with angel wings in MMO are just showing off they took extensive chores and grids, or bought them in the online shop

No special gear and cosmetics show you took greater risks than anyone else and accomplished the path. Such dangerous and rewarding path should exist within the religious branch
  • Options
    Because you are "mansplaining" me what corruption is, but your explanation is not correct, because corruption has a bigger role in AoC. There's an entire lore behind it, corruption is there pulling the strings of the antagonists in the game.

Mansplaining? Really?

At this point I'm not even bothering with answering this any further. People com to these forums and play games to get at least a few hours away from this political ideology drama and you not liking my opinion warrants trying to pull an activist stunt on me trying to throw around buzz words that shuts people up no matter the quality of their argument?

I accepted that you and me don't agree on a lot of things but I wouldn't have thought you'd go that low to sh*t over peoples desire to discuss and play something far removed from the outside world. The most poetic thing about this is whole thing is that it has revealed your level of corruption.
  • Options

Mansplaining? Really?

At this point I'm not even bothering with answering this any further. People com to these forums and play games to get at least a few hours away from this political ideology drama and you not liking my opinion warrants trying to pull an activist stunt on me trying to throw around buzz words that shuts people up no matter the quality of their argument?

I accepted that you and me don't agree on a lot of things but I wouldn't have thought you'd go that low to sh*t over peoples desire to discuss and play something far removed from the outside world. The most poetic thing about this is whole thing is that it has revealed your level of corruption.

@MrPockets
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Mansplaining? Really?

It is just a chill joke, my friend! That is why I put it in quotes. We all know what corruption is, so it won't help us talking about the basic use of it in todays systems.

The point is that that corruption use in the game today is fine, but such an interesting lore-wise thing as corruption has grear potential for more things
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    No special gear and cosmetics show you took greater risks than anyone else and accomplished the path.
    I mean, top end raid gear does.