Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounts

Please make mounts add status to a player by making them take time and work to obtain, this creates a desire for players to want to grind and collect these difficult mounts to show off in the world.

Personally I think the best way would make them a rare drop chance on bosses and change drop chances on different mounts, but also don’t let drop chances be the only way to obtain them have many ways to earn mounts like certain quests and achievements such as 1000 serpents killed rewards you with a serpent mount.

I would love to see a wide variety of actual mounts and different ways to get mounts. Mount collecting is one of my favourite things involved in mmorpg’s and would love to have it be involved well in the game.

World of Warcraft did mounts amazing from there variety and ways to obtain them and I hope you guys take inspiration in your mount system aswell.

This is my first time ever being on this forum and first thing I wanted to do was have my thoughts shared on how mounts can make players spend so much time in ashes

Thanks guys:)

Comments

• Options
    Preface: The links in my answer lead to the Ashes of Creation Wiki and Youtube.

Hey there and welcome. I have good news for you: There are probably two very cool artisan skills for you planned for Ashes: Hunting (Taming) and Animal Husbandry (Breeding) which will give you the ability to hunt, tame and turn wild animals (and possibly other creatures) into mounts, besides what you have been able to do in WoW. There was also a livestream on the topic of Animal Husbandry that might interest you.

As far as I am aware, there is no conclusive list yet that explains all the ways in which we can acquire mounts, so I'm afraid that is all we know so far.^^

The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to trying out the Animal Husbandry functionality.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Also, welcome to the forum :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Wow the taming and animal husbandry sounds like an awesome new system! My main point was just don’t look over mounts and care about the system and those ways you discussed sound like amazing innovation, thanks for letting me know about that livestream will try and check it out now.

Thanks for the welcome guys😁
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Hopefully mounts are not too exclusive to obtain, otherwise, there will be a lot of unused cosmetics from the shop and perhaps some disappointed backers.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited April 2023
    Caww wrote: »
    Hopefully mounts are not too exclusive to obtain, otherwise, there will be a lot of unused cosmetics from the shop and perhaps some disappointed backers.

Steven said since there is no fast travel but the map is pretty big compared to the MMOs (I think trying to run from the furthest point north on a continent to its most southern point would take around 75min
    [ 50 min when mounted] in a straight line) basic land mounts will become available very early in the game. WoW had them - in later version of the game - from lv 10 as well and I think once we leave the starting areas players will get their first basic mount.

For things like the water mounts I expect a short quest line when we arrive at a coastal location and for gliding mounts I would expect something similar, maybe in a mountainous area.

When it comes to flying mounts I dare not make any speculations because as it stands now those won't be commonly available to the masses anyways.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I certainly don’t agree, that mounts should be behind a long grind, you do know lots of people work, I only have x amount of gaming time, sounds like you think mmo should be catering for the stay at home, unemployed or living with folks.
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    Nemeses wrote: »
    I certainly don’t agree, that mounts should be behind a long grind, you do know lots of people work, I only have x amount of gaming time, sounds like you think mmo should be catering for the stay at home, unemployed or living with folks.

I believe op meant "make unique and cool mounts that requires a lot of work" - not that basic mounts in themselves should be difficult to obtain.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    I think the key is not having an over abundance of mounts. It is when people can have 50+ mounts that they lose their appeal. I do agree though some should come via completing a hard dungeon, raid, or some pvp achievement. I hope they don't do the idea of seasons though, where something is only available in like a 4 month window and then gone forever. Perhaps something more like.. this mount can only be obtained from this dungeon by doing xyz under the level of 30... then you can't come back as a higher level and farm said mount, but no one lost opportunity to do it because they did not play for a few months because RL happened.