Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What classes we playing?

fgnpbsm1vt8b.png

these are my picks, the ones in yellow are gonna be my favorites.
how would yours differ from mine?
link to image: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/images/thumb/c/c9/Ashes_of_Creation_Class_List.jpg/675px-Ashes_of_Creation_Class_List.jpg

Comments

• Options
    I think summoner mage and rouge is what ill be playing just based off the names alone. OBV gonna try everything tho.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Knight
  • Options
    If Bard is fun, I'll give it a try. If not, I'll just play something with invisibility.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Sorted by interest:
    1. Bladedancer (Fighter + Bard)
    2. Shaman (Cleric + Summoner)
    3. Scout (Ranger + Rouge)
    4. Soulbow (Ranger + Cleric)
    5. Spellstone (Mage + Tank) or Sorcerer (Mage + Bard)

The last really depends on what exactly the Bard will have to offer. If the class is fun I definitely prefer the Sorcerer.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Most likely,

Ren'Kai maybe Tulnar

for class it really comes down to how a ranged class augments a tank class, so it will largely come down to fine tuning between a Guardian, Spellshield, Warden or Keeper, maybe a nightshield as well.

• Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Too soon to nail down what sub class I want to add but I am 100% going to be a Bard. I want to play the best support sub class. I know most would jump to Cleric. I also like playing a buffer/debuffer. Also things like speeding up recovery time. I have to admit a big pull to this game for me, was the Bard class. Its my have class to RP and the way back to my PnP days.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Ranger/Ranger to open...
  • Options
    cleric + whatever
    rogue/bard/summoner alts/2nd account depending on whether I like them or not after playing alpha 2
  • Options
    Primary: tank or summoner
    Secondary: tank, summoner, or cleric.
  • Options
    1. Falconer. Hoping on a ranger fantasy with slight jack-of-all-trades feeling. And owls.
    2. Bowsinger. Ranger, but with buff/support elements.
    3. Scout. Ranger, with highest possible mobility.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Archwizard or a cleric of some sort depending on the augments available.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Cleric + (maybe summoner)
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • Options
    It's too early to tell. I've flip-flopped a lot, speculating about how each class might work. Almost all of the class (not archetype) names sound cool and inspire the imagination. Recently I've been feeling like some kind of Rogue might suit my needs as a DPS best, based on the blind assumptions that it'll offer the most versatility while fulfilling my main criteria (solo-friendly, mobility, single-target focused). And of course being a healer main in other MMOs, I'll probably have a Cleric.

Beyond that it's really tough to say, when all the info we have on secondary archetypes/augments is super vague.
  • Options
    Shadow Disciple
  • Options
    AsgorathAsgorath Member
    edited April 2023
    I haven't decided which class to play since there are so many options to go. I bet a lot of people will spend lots of time choosing their archetype. That makes MMO fun to be trapped in the fantasy world with choices that lead to different outcomes. I myself will spend a lot of time in character creation and choosing the best archetypes that want.
  • Options
    Summoner + whatever feels right for me.
    Bard + something as a second char.
  • Options
    Siren for me!

minions-despicableme.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Too early to say, but I’m leaning towards a base bard, rogue or cleric.

It all depends on what the secondary provides. If I can get stealth by choosing a rogue secondary on a bard I’ll probably play that.
  • Options
    Templar, Knight, Predator
  • Options
    1.- Mains : BattleMage/SpellSword
    2.- Mains Alter : ShadowCaster/SpellHunter
    3.- Situational Alters : SpellShield/Oracle
    46qjlrprjjwm.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    RymRym Member
    edited April 2023
    Mage or summoner, depends on how good they are for soloing elites and PvP, how self sufficient the classes are.

I hate relying on others and like to solo things as much as possible, but also do the highest dps in group content and have a range of options to be strong and desirable in PvP. (As good as a player is, they may end up being limited by their own class)

Something similar to Spiritmaster from Aion.

Assassin is on the cards as well, but I'm a ranged mage main.
    787m8dm96z5g.gif
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Rym wrote: »
    Mage or summoner, depends on how good they are for soloing elites and PvP, how self sufficient the classes are.

I hate relying on others and like to solo things as much as possible, but also do the highest dps in group content and have a range of options to be strong and desirable in PvP. (As good as a player is, they may end up being limited by their own class)

Something similar to Spiritmaster from Aion.

Assassin is on the cards as well, but I'm a ranged mage main.

Mage Summoner is what my wife is excited to play. Will be interesting to see how the Summoner sub class will effect the Mage. I think it would be cool if it added some minor summoning. Like a fire DD also summoned a fire whelp on that target that did some damage that just dies =-) Or maybe on a DD a rock elementals hand comes up from the ground and roots that person for 1-2 seconds.