Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The mage stream proved that melee animations are too flashy

Hi,

i loved the spell animations and effects. I think the ice effects are still improvable, but in general it felt very exciting and I love that they listened to the feedback about the class showcases before.
But as soon as they switched to the melee combat it just looked horrible. These super flashy swing effects of the greatsword is just too much. Please put magic effects on magic skills - not on a basic weapon swing. Please remove this finally.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Like they said on the stream, these were second passes already. Which is why they looked cleaner. If anything, I'd say this was an indicator of the potential look of all the other abilities. They'll have less clutter, smaller vfx and will just overall look cleaner. And I'm sure they can polish them even better later on, on top of any options that we'll have when it comes to vfx scaling and all that.

I'd imagine they haven't gotten to 2nd passes on the melee part before this showcase and I don't think they've mentioned anything about that during the tank/carphin showcase.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    NiKr wrote: »
    Like they said on the stream, these were second passes already. Which is why they looked cleaner. If anything, I'd say this was an indicator of the potential look of all the other abilities. They'll have less clutter, smaller vfx and will just overall look cleaner. And I'm sure they can polish them even better later on, on top of any options that we'll have when it comes to vfx scaling and all that.

I'd imagine they haven't gotten to 2nd passes on the melee part before this showcase and I don't think they've mentioned anything about that during the tank/carphin showcase.

Yeah, it's almost as if those of us that had been saying to wait and see how the melee classes look after a second, third and fourth pass may have been on to something.

I mean, the feedback that they were over the top was good, but the people that were upset over it were well over the top.