Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Visual clarity of AoEs in PvP

What is the Intrepid's plan to mark skillshots and AoEs as ally or enemy? When there is a battle how will i know if its my ball lightning or enemy one.

In general question sounds simple, just add red-ish fade on it if it belongs to the enemy, but with all the augments changing visuals of the skills, it might be hard to read redish fade.

For example let's imagine that ball lightinig is agumented with fire and turns into ball of magma, then seeing redish fade is almost impossible.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    You'll just have to skill it up and know B) If you don't know whose attack it was - that's a skill issue.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Git gid.
    I hate how games are full of indicators these days. They ruin the models and animations and they fill the screen with clutter.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Git gid.
    I hate how games are full of indicators these days. They ruin the models and animations and they fill the screen with clutter.

With you on that one.. Would go one step further..

Only mobs that might validate a health bar over their head are bosses.. after you have killed more than a couple of mobs, the health bar become irrelevant and it goes down to feel. Only time to look is when there is a straggler, and that is just awareness.

Much prefer the immersion of a clear screen and just the players, mobs and environment.

• Options
    prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Doesn't really matter does it? Even if they change it this is the end result:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=8NbwizzxQ_s
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bwxkz0dePQw
  • Options
    i think you guys are missing hte problem, its not about being good, in larger fights you just cant keep track of the caster of every ability
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Friendly fire... gonna be pretty funny
  • Options
    Caww wrote: »
    Friendly fire... gonna be pretty funny

there is no friendly fire, no?
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    I do agree with this and don't think people should talk crap on it. It is proper to know what is ally moves and what are foe moves.

New world has this issue where you didn't know what is what.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Will I agree that it would be best for players to develop an ingame solution to this concern, I wouldn't be against another option: Sacrifice progression.
    Having a "horizontal progression" option that marks enemy skills in a different way would be fine imo. You may have to sacrifice 5 talent points however to have clear difference (for example in color) between ally or enemy spells. But these are 5 talent points you will miss on damage potential or survival stats.

Anyhow, the core point remains: There are solutions already within the games world that should be preferable to meta game solutions (like color coding)
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<