Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on rogues, tanks and fighters using mana?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Explain it from a lore perspective

Asking for this - or perhaps assuming it matters - shows a lack of understanding as to what the word "mana" means.

There is obviously the biblical meaning (manna), which was said to be an unleavened bread - but I dont really go in for made up stories so I dont mind if you ignore this.

Then there is the Polynesian term "mana". This can perhaps best be described as the over all respect a person has earned in their life, from being a respected figure of authority, being wise, well regarded physically imposing or highly charismatic (usually a combination of these is needed for someone to have a lot of mana).

Then there is the Hindi term "mana", which happens to be a girls name meaning supernatural power.

So, based on the above, Intrepid can claim mana in Verra is what ever they want it to be.

Since magic in Ashes is from manipulating The Essence, Intrepid could just say that this manipulation saps a persons mental and physical strength just fighting in melee combat can. That is enough if a lore explanation.

However, if we are going to ask for lore based explanations for things like this, we need an explanation for cooldowns. If I use sniper arrow, as an example, what is stopping me - in terms of lore - from doing that again with my next arrow 2 seconds later?

I'm well aware of what mana means, thanks though.

Then why ask the question you asked?

If you were well aware, it would have been obvious that the question was pointless.

Do note I never put a question mark at the end of my sentence.

It wasn't ever a question.
  • Options
    GarrtokGarrtok Member
    Why shouldn't a rouge use mana? Because it's like that in wow?