Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Named mobs/bosses

I think you might need to consider an old school way of thinking when it comes to bosses/named mobs in open world. Right now i see an issue similiar to GW2 where u just get blobs running around from event to event in a train and it not engaging game play i feel we get something similiar when it comes to Open world bosses/names spawns.

Im thinking a system similiar to the place holder mobs from oldergames might be the way to go with a slight change, Old games like Everquest you had a place holder mob that had a chance to spawn a named mob every time he respawns which was good imo cause it promoted farming in the area rather than killing boss and running to next one, but i think we can do slightly better.

Bosses/named mobs should spawn after X amount of mobs in the area are killed which will cause them to spawn, this removed some RNG element from mob spawn that Everquest had where you had a 10% chance of the named to spawn but your super unlucky it takes 100 to kill cause RNG which could be frustrating, So we know your garanteed to see a boss spawn after you hit a threshold so you know ur progressing with every kill in terms of bosses/named mobs spawning but it also provent the boss trains running between bosses on spawns because they got them on timer. Can also make bosses spawn in any mob spawn location when the threshold is reach to get more dynamic spawns where bosses could be anywhere in an area instead of just once spot.

But either way the standard way of named mob spawning in these games are long overdue for a change to stop the mindless boss/event trains killing them on spawn.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    My latest suggestion had pretty much this exact mechanic, so I support this as well :)
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    NiKr wrote: »
    My latest suggestion had pretty much this exact mechanic, so I support this as well :)

i musta missed that post :p but yeah mob spawning mechanics need a huge change from standard games which are heavily instanced when it comes to loot, so we need to take a lesson from older games when it comes to bosses and loot where instances were not a thing hence why i think we should be looking at Everquest system with loot and improve it over the current system with is heavily instanced related when it comes to meaningful loot