Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Anti-Gold Selling Measures

Hello fellow forum traversers!

So many of my past MMO-s have the a basic foundamental problem of not valuing players' time by P2W or by ignorance of botting which inevitably leading to gold selling.

We already know AoC's standpoint on P2W, but I was wondering, what's in place already / planned to prevent botting / gold selling? From experience, live service games needs GMs a lot, and one purpose is manual banning, but what about filtering trade chat? To prevent sellers you need to oppose some kind of threat, but the tricky part that these need some manual investigation to be accurate.

Will AoC have enough man power to handle, or some more advanced maybe text analysis based flagging system will help to automatically detect anti-ToS behaviour?

Comments

• Options
    If they gave us all of the details ahead of time - especially at this point in time - won't that provide an opportunity for any would-be gold-sellers to engineer ways around such counter-measures?

The developers have all played games before - especially the man-in-charge. Yours truly isn't worried about what they've come up with/will come up with.

It's pretty low on my list of concerns.

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We would all like more GMs, there seems to be little opposition to more GMs. BUT.... are we each willing and able to pay more, say $20 month, to hire more GMs?

I am, but my situation is different from that of many players.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    We would all like more GMs, there seems to be little opposition to more GMs. BUT.... are we each willing and able to pay more, say $20 month, to hire more GMs?

I am, but my situation is different from that of many players.

They already plan to have lots of GMs, so that'll already be in the budget.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    BeOwningUBeOwningU Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The future of anti bot is going to be asking "players" who have been mindlessly farming basic resources for 8 hours straight bar exam and pi calculations. Should have a 99% success rate and sorry to that one actual human.
    kzlop9coy4kh.png