Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are game play elements that keep players invested in the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Taking the skulls of your enemies def important, using them in your vanity system especially.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Taking the skulls of your enemies def important, using them in your vanity system especially.

Especially if they are Tulnars
    myrojmws2n9w.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Solvryn wrote: »

Especially if they are Tulnars
    myrojmws2n9w.png

Too bad all the Tulnar are murder hobos. And Dark Elves are Tulnar.
  • Options
    HeljyHeljy Member
    Personally I love low-level content. My best memory of WoW is not at the time of clean PVE content or climb a side of arena, even if that is where the gameplay is interesting.
    I love the chill that comes from quests, farming, exploration. I especially like that at low level, it has a strong impact on the character (hello twinks). In fact, I realize that once Lvl max, an "optimized" and "competitive" dimension takes over, and that it ruins some of the immersive pleasure.

On the other hand, I also like to discover HL content, stuffing my character to max-gear and build up all my trades and reputations. That said as I very recently experimented on Wotlk Classic, in a few weeks we clean the extension, then it’s the boredom of repetitiveness, and finally the irreversible dissociative moment of the univer.
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    I won't presume to speak for others. However, for me, it's the Roleplay potential and community. Just Roleplay isn't enough though. Sometimes I can't get into the mindset and I just like to do combat things.

Combat therefore is also important. I like quick and responsive things. Wizard of Legend for example is basically only combat, but I've played that a lot because the combat is awesome.

So both roleplay and combat. The latter is of course subjective.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    New classes and gameplay philosophy to screw around with. Potentially meaningful crafting. Opening more of the full class system to a casual audience. Since WoW's is the most dumbed down bare bones version of it this game will open some more of the other archetypes not used in that game.

Exploring balanced PvP something no other MMO truly accomplished before. Warhammer was prob the closest with this of any of them. Guild Wars 2 isn't even that good at it because it has a horrendous bias between power and condition damage depending on what class you are. So while sure it might be balanced, but so isn't WC2 which is basically just the same units on both sides. I want to see it while preserving class identity.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East