Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetics and shop items.

There have been a number of items from the "shop" that I have been interested in but, refused to purchase them after dealing with CoE. I have already spent a bit of money on this game but, I will not spend another cent until I see more substantial progress. Will there be an opportunity to purchase those cosmetic skins previously offered once the game is much further along?

P.S. I'm starting to feel the same way I did with CoE, and have been telling others to wait until launch before spending any of their money on this.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Moseph wrote: »
    Will there be an opportunity to purchase those cosmetic skins previously offered once the game is much further along?
    Nope. They'll never come back. You've missed them forever.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    There have been a number of items from the "shop" that I have been interested in but, refused to purchase them after dealing with CoE. I have already spent a bit of money on this game but, I will not spend another cent until I see more substantial progress. Will there be an opportunity to purchase those cosmetic skins previously offered once the game is much further along?

P.S. I'm starting to feel the same way I did with CoE, and have been telling others to wait until launch before spending any of their money on this.

Im curious as what similarities are you seeing between Chronicles of Elyria and Ashes of creation??? All the stuff Is has been showing on development is the same as Chronicles of Elyria?
  • Options
    A variant of each cosmetic shop item is promised to be obtain-able, in-game.

In addition, it's also been mentioned that the "best"-looking variants will be had from high-end game content; If you buy, then buy it to support the game - not because of FOMO.

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A variant of each cosmetic shop item is promised to be obtain-able, in-game.

In addition, it's also been mentioned that the "best"-looking variants will be had from high-end game content; If you buy, then buy it to support the game - not because of FOMO.

Read again. The promise is not that you will be able to obtain everything they ever offered in the shop later at some point in the game, actually the opposite. NPCs will wear those sets. You may be able to get a helm that is close in game that you can transmog, and that helm may be made of another material, but it won't be a full costume, and it won't be the same. Not a recolor.
    misinfoslam.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited May 2023
    I have already spent a bit of money on this game but, I will not spend another cent until I see more substantial progress. Will there be an opportunity to purchase those cosmetic skins previously offered once the game is much further along?

If your mindset is to hold Intrepid hostage by withholding cosmetic pre-purchases, @Moseph ... that's a big swing and a miss.

Steven has already said multiple times that pre-purchase cosmetics are totally optional for those players that simply want to support the game.

Contrary to many forum-goers' beliefs, pre-purchase cosmetics do not hold Intrepid accountable to any specific date for release (or Alpha 2 for that matter).

But, to answer your question directly?

No.

Monthly cosmetics are "one and done" ... they will never return for purchase.
  • Options
    MosephMoseph Member
    Man, the freehold video answered a number of questions for me. Since the building "blueprints" can be sold or traded, then I should be able to acquire other preorder cosmetic designs from other players as well. Along with the following post, at 2.3, Steven specified that cosmetics wouldn't be available from the "company" which is a differentiation from other players.
    misinfoslam.png
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Im curious as what similarities are you seeing between Chronicles of Elyria and Ashes of creation??? All the stuff Is has been showing on development is the same as Chronicles of Elyria?
    CoE also had a long development time and offered monthly or at least frequent "updates" where they were trying to sell cosmetics or other packages. I get that it takes a while to develop games, just after what happened with Caspian and CoE, everyone should be able to understand the hesitation.

As to this..
    If your mindset is to hold Intrepid hostage by withholding cosmetic pre-purchases, @Moseph ... that's a big swing and a miss.
    I can't really hold anyone "hostage" because it was never their money, it was mine. I didn't take or seized anything from anyone. If anything it's be a boycott. The distinction between the two are pretty big.

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Be careful with buying and selling cosmetics mate. I did the same for CRON Stones direct from BDO store and got banned for RMT.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    MosephMoseph Member
    I have no idea what those acronyms are. I'm guessing a CRON stone was a consumable from the game Black Desert Online? RMT= real money transfer?

I'll only purchase game items from the company using real money. Its a way of supporting their work. I wont pay another payer real money for anything. It doesn't support future products, show support, and it'll also jeopardize character progression and real time sunk into an account.
  • Options
    I bought the cosmetics from the game company with real money. Hence why I got banned for turning the cosmetics into cron stones and boosting my armour.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    MosephMoseph Member
    Ah. That seems like a bit of an overreach. I'd be pretty upset about that unless they specifically state that you cant sell them in game. Usually its the other way around, where they don't want you selling in game items for real money.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I did buy 50 of the same cosmetic every day lol. It was excessive but there wasn't any stated limits. I made billions of silver selling rank 5 items. I was very angry on the day - cut off mid purchase, but, I've learnt from my mistakes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif