Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Spot testing happening already?

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
it was stated several months ago by steven that spot testing would be starting within the next several months, we are now several months past this date and not a word has been said about this, even though i have seen multiple questions for the monthly live streams about this, this leads me to believe that spot testing is currently already happening probably under an NDA or it just wont happen at all given A2 is only 6 months off, my concerns are, if this has not started yet, will this be offered to everyone that purchased a 500$ + bundle to support the game or will it be offered to streamers only wich is what i would guess is happening, i think that when this starts everyone should have a equal chance of jumping into testing the game weather you bought the bundle or not

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You didn't get your invite yet?

Aw man, that sucks...

(this is a joke, in the spirit of the post)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wish I could tell you.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Azherae wrote: »

Aw man, that sucks...

Jajaj tbh id be more than happy to judt know someone got one
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From my understanding phoenix level backers will be the first invited, then alpha 1 level, then alpha 2 when the official alpha 2 launches. I have no idea if phoenix level backers are testing atm but that's the invite order
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    If you open up the regular Ashes of Creation website you will find this. And to me that sounds like there are spot tests happening, most likely under NDA because at least a portion of A1 testers have signed those already so there is no need to go through that process again.

329l05ovc8ty.png
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Kilion wrote: »
    If you open up the regular Ashes of Creation website you will find this. And to me that sounds like there are spot tests happening, most likely under NDA because at least a portion of A1 testers have signed those already so there is no need to go through that process again.

329l05ovc8ty.png

That has been there since A1 ended. There aren't any spot tests happening atm, not for A1 backers, not for PI, no one.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Talents wrote: »

329l05ovc8ty.png

That has been there since A1 ended. There aren't any spot tests happening atm, not for A1 backers, not for PI, no one.

I see, thanks for the clarification. Still no need to worry in my opinion though. Tests are bound to start again by the end of the year / beginning of 2024 if I remember the Q&A correctly. As long as they are making this game thoroughly, the final game, even if "only" released by 2026, will be worth the wait. For those who can't wait that long: There are other games coming out until then, no need to wait passively for Ashes to be released. Who knows players waiting for Ashes might find other enjoyable titles since then to bridge the waiting time.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »

329l05ovc8ty.png

I see, thanks for the clarification. Still no need to worry in my opinion though. Tests are bound to start again by the end of the year / beginning of 2024 if I remember the Q&A correctly. As long as they are making this game thoroughly, the final game, even if "only" released by 2026, will be worth the wait. For those who can't wait that long: There are other games coming out until then, no need to wait passively for Ashes to be released. Who knows players waiting for Ashes might find other enjoyable titles since then to bridge the waiting time.

If there are spot testing going on it will be under NDA. So if someone says there is or isn't i prob wouldn't listen to them unless it's coming from the studio.
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »

Aw man, that sucks...

Yep, some people absolutely got an invite. There you go, you can relax now. Everything's totally fine. Take a nice deep breath, safe in the knowledge that everything's fine. :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited June 2023
    it was stated several months ago by steven that spot testing would be starting within the next several months, we are now several months past this date and not a word has been said about this, even though i have seen multiple questions for the monthly live streams about this, this leads me to believe that spot testing is currently already happening probably under an NDA or it just wont happen at all given A2 is only 6 months off, my concerns are, if this has not started yet, will this be offered to everyone that purchased a 500$ + bundle to support the game or will it be offered to streamers only wich is what i would guess is happening, i think that when this starts everyone should have a equal chance of jumping into testing the game weather you bought the bundle or not

I want to provide some clarity and perhaps assist with some misconceptions ^_^

I can assure you that we are often testing the game internally!

When it is time to bring in some extra help from outside the studio for spot tests, we will notify those people! This may be under NDA. There is a priority for testers. For example, Phoenix Initiate and Alpha One testers will likely be among the first summoned to these spot tests. :)

There is no announced date for the release of Alpha Two :)

Spot testing will not be offered only to streamers <3

We're working hard on getting Alpha Two ready to be played! We are eager to play Alpha Two with all of those who have Alpha Two keys as soon as it is ready ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »

Aw man, that sucks...

Yep, some people absolutely got an invite. There you go, you can relax now. Everything's totally fine. Take a nice deep breath, safe in the knowledge that everything's fine. :)

This made me chuckle
    Signature-management.gif