Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Risk vs Reward in Dungeons

wyvernflamewyvernflame Member
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
So not sure if anyone on the dev team has ever played Elder Scrolls Online but they had a pretty interesting Risk vs Reward system in Imperial City which was an area that was PVP and PVE and the way it worked is by killing the PVE enemies, elites, and roaming bosses you could get a special currency. Then for the PVP people could kill other players in the zone and take some of that currency and you would lose it and players could even disrupt or fight other groups over bosses. Over all it was pretty interesting so maybe it could be a helpful reference for some of the open world dungeons in Ashes in terms of boss and enemy mechanics that could work well with PVP and how a dungeon zone functions.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd rather not have separate Currencies. High level Certificates will be enough.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2023
    The whole AoC world will be like the tiny imperial city.
    Eso is a joke of an mmo...
    The allure of Tel Var lost it's appeal within 3 months.
    IC died right away.

The whole purpose of mmos is to fight rival players and progress yourself.
    Why are you fascinated with such a LIMITED CONCEPT like the PvX zone of eso and it's TINY "risk v reward" in the form of Tel Var?

• Options
    I am not saying AoC should copy it more that it might be helpful to see what worked and what did not.
  • Options
    I HATE CURRENCIES. STOP IT. STOP THE CURRENCY SYSTEM, IT SUCKS.
    Thanks.